Young Girl - Vintage Dress

jvgphotojvgphoto Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited July 10, 2009 in People
583985697_ngvzQ-L.jpg
"Where there is no elegance of the heart...there is no elegance." Yves Saint Laurent

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    jvgphoto wrote:

Hi there jvgphoto, thought your shot of this lovely young girl was more suited to the PEOPLE forum. .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • jvgphotojvgphoto Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi there jvgphoto, thought your shot of this lovely young girl was more suited to the PEOPLE forum. .... Skippy :D

Thanks - wasn't quite sure which forum to place it in... Jon
    "Where there is no elegance of the heart...there is no elegance." Yves Saint Laurent
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    • thumb.gif Beautiful model
    • iloveyou.gif good, interesting lighting
    • thumb.gif nice pose
    • :cry crop - think I would have put her a bit closer to the right side of the frame
    • headscratch.gif Angle - shot from this perspective, she looks about 4ft tall. Hmmmm
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    Very interesting shot.

Beautiful girl in an interesting dress, but I find the pose and the clothes at odds with each other - the pose is very modern, even though the dress isn't. While I don't think one has to slavishly recreate period poses, I find the significant disjunct in this one doesn't do dress or the (pretty) model service. Let's face it, until about 1963, well-dressed, "proper" women were STILL expected never to sit or stand with theirknees more than a couple of inches apart, toes turned gracefully out to show off ankles, and to keep their hands elegantly placed with their arms at waist level. I think clothes were designed with movement in mind (and movement reflected what the clothing imposed), so I'm not sure we can do the same things in period clothes that we can in current streetwear. The arms above head in particular are what distract, I think.

JMO, of course, ymmv etc etc etc

Do you have any others from the series? I'd be really interested to see them!