Another shot at decent portrait

DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
edited June 21, 2005 in People
Recently someone I know was browsing trough my photobucket and altough he was liking what he was seeing, he asked if I did people pictures, I said I liked it, but it was hard, he showed me a couple of his and encouraged me to try some more. Any comments and critics on this one are very welcome, as usual:clap

euarmbucket.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2005
    Davidoff wrote:
    Recently someone I know was browsing trough my photobucket and altough he was liking what he was seeing, he asked if I did people pictures, I said I liked it, but it was hard, he showed me a couple of his and encouraged me to try some more. Any comments and critics on this one are very welcome, as usualclap.gif
    Hi David, long time no talk :D I quite like the composition. My first thought when I opened the shot was.. oh, no eyes .. I would loved to have seen his eyes.. for me without them it leaves me.. what.. flat I think would be the word. I think a little more detail in his face would be good too. I struggle with portraits too, can't seem to get it right.. can you reshoot with eyes.. It could be a wonderful shot..1drink.gif
  • DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi David, long time no talk :D I quite like the composition. My first thought when I opened the shot was.. oh, no eyes .. I would loved to have seen his eyes.. for me without them it leaves me.. what.. flat I think would be the word. I think a little more detail in his face would be good too. I struggle with portraits too, can't seem to get it right.. can you reshoot with eyes.. It could be a wonderful shot..1drink.gif
    Yeah, school keeps me busy busy!
    Does this qualify as portrait training? It is a self-portrait ...eek7.gif
    Anyhow, in the original you could see the eyes behind the glasses quite clearly, would that be beter, or just no glasses?
  • DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2005