Tried something new...C&C

Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited July 29, 2009 in People
Took photos of a Senior and couldn't resist the great sun and sky.

543739116_9n6rx-M.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    I'm good with it.
    It needs to be fitted into a series though.
  • photostuffphotostuff Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    It is kind of cool. I think a Senior would like this since it projects him as larger than life, facing the world with the blazing sun at his back., not unlike the character, Neo, in The Matrix, on the brink of delivering the world from an apocalypse.:jfriend
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Nice to see you around here again!

Very cool photo! thumb.gif
  • SpydawebbSpydawebb Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Cool shot! I like the angle on this.
  • Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    Thank you for your comments. They are greatly appreciated. I did a replica of this shot with him wearing his cap and gown. I did lose my footing when getting this one...I was on the rocks with the Chesapeake Bay about a foot below me. I had a nasty bruise but it was well worth it.

543739511_3kY38-M.jpg
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    To me, the first silouette has no story and is a tosser as it tells me nothing about this young man. The second portrays him as a graduate, and is the keeper of the two.thumb.gif
  • photostuffphotostuff Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    I like both silouettes. The second one is more specifically targeted toward his graduation, but the first one is also very good. Keep both :):
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    As a graduation pic, I like the second one a lot thumb.gif . Not just the cap & gown, but also the very strong pose and how he has the diploma firmly in his hand.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Memories by MelindaMemories by Melinda Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    @jeffreaux2 ~ Thank you so much for commenting! I understand your point. His mom loved the one with the cap and gown and he liked the one that made him look 'larger than life'. That is how he described it to me.

@photostuff ~ Thank you for your input.

@adbsgicom ~ I lucked out that Duston was very into having his photo taken. He was very cooperative and up for just about anything I threw at him. He had some good ideas as well.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    Nice approach! I love silhouettes!
    Low vantage point works good, relating greatness of the subject.
    I'd suggest to get closer and use wider angle to emphasize that even stronger.
    Flares are hard beasts to kill. I found that patch tool is the best to deal with them. The only other option seems to be a very painful cloning/painting...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited July 29, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Nice approach! I love silhouettes!
    Low vantage point works good, relating greatness of the subject.
    I'd suggest to get closer and use wider angle to emphasize that even stronger.
    Flares are hard beasts to kill. I found that patch tool is the best to deal with them. The only other option seems to be a very painful cloning/painting...

Thanks for the comment. :D I will try to get closer next time. It's a matter of finding the right footing. I'm surprised I didn't end up in the water. I did clone quite a bit of flare but the area directly around the sun were a pain and I stopped. The good thing is that I can practice anytime since this area is across from my home.