An abstract image...

Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
edited July 8, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
So I thought about it, and this is, I think, the first "abstract" photograph that I've taken, at least intentionally. You might be able to tell what it is, but it's not immediately obvious (at least I don't think it is...) and in any case the subject isn't the objects in the frame but the color and shapes and light... anyway I'd like some feedback as this is uncharted territory for me (oh, and if you can figure out what it is, post that as well):

585224406_v8cqu-L.jpg

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Goldenrod?

I love this method and this is a nice example. I shoot like this often but haven't succeeded with very many. Great first effort--hope you will continue and post more of your impressionistic efforts!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Good guess! I don't think there was any goldenrod in there but it is a bunch of weeds/hay in a field. I manually focused until I got it to look the way I wanted it. Thanks for the feedback!
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Cool shot, I have never tried anything like that. I like the feel you got.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking