Options

Budapest after Dark

Mr EddyMr Eddy Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited July 9, 2009 in Journeys
Hi folks,

I've been lurking a little bit building up the courage to post photos. There are some slightly intimidating photographers around here. :bow

First a bit of background to these shots. I'm an IT consultant and get to travel quite a lot. My current project has taken me to Budapest for a few months. I couldn't ask for a much better place to practice, it's an incredibly beautiful city. And great coffee. So last night I borrowed a tripod from a colleague in the office here (Manfrotto, it ways a ton) and climbed to the top of Buda castle for views of the Danube, Chain Bridge, St. Stephen's Basilica and the Parliament.

Some highlights, I've done almost no processing on these other than Raw conversion in lightroom.

584888903_jxm3U-L.jpg

Széchenyi lánchíd, or Chain Bridge. I love this bridge. I've taken sooooo many photos of it.

585366776_dNkZV-L.jpg

The Basilica, with a hotel of some kind in the foreground. Can't recall which one but it's also quite a lovely building.

585366730_AghnK-L.jpg

This is in the Buda castle courtyard. Quite a few people around, including a number of photo tragics like me. Spotted one guy come very close to disaster by losing his grip on his D700 plus big lens. He only just caught it. Very close to an expensive bill there...

Gallery

Comments

• Options
    RezaMorriRezaMorri Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 8, 2009
    That is one place that I would really like to visit. Well done, great night shots!
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    very nice captures..very dramatic lighting and lovely compositions! thumb.gif The last 2 could use some contrast and saturation perhaps.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Mr EddyMr Eddy Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    very nice captures..very dramatic lighting and lovely compositions! thumb.gif The last 2 could use some contrast and saturation perhaps.

Thanks very much.

And yes, lots of post processing still to do. The last two have really had nothing done to them so far and it shows a bit. I've done my first run through culling shots and picking the ones I like. I need to pull my finger out and get the processing done. Night shots seem to need a slightly different approach so I'm doing a lot of reading. Haven't been too happy with some of the changes I've made so far.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Ahh, what a gorgeous place! Lucky you, getting to travel so much. :D I love this set and after dark is some of the best times to shoot cities. thumb.gif