Lets Run Away

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited July 8, 2009 in People
I wonder what you get from this picture ? this was shot about half an hour ago at around 1 am PST, shot from my terrace. Nifty Fifty on 400D with ISO 1600.

585690538_S36ch-L.jpg

In this picture little girl was running, enjoying and gigling with her uncle, as there was no electricity, and temprature is really high these days really makes impossible to sleep. And i was on my terrace with my camera.
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    I really like the shot. However, the motion, shadows, and title all gave me the impression that the subjects were fleeing from some sort of impending danger. Personally, if it were my shot I would just let people think that, rather than explaining what was actually happening. But maybe I'm just overly dramatic...
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Splendid concept and capture, Awais! I love it!iloveyou.gif
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Vary cool image. Dramatic.

Caroline
  • jvgphotojvgphoto Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Vary cool image. Dramatic.

Caroline

Love it - whatever the story...I too would have preferred not to know, but it in no way lessens the power of the photograph. For me it is a wonderful creation.

Best to you,
    Jon
    "Where there is no elegance of the heart...there is no elegance." Yves Saint Laurent
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Love your work.....

Had you not given a description of the scene, I would have told you that the people were fleeing danger....maybe gunshots.
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    I can see that picture on the cover of a mystery/suspense book!
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Nice. Very good composition and effective B&W. I would have liked to be able to make out the subjects a little better, but it still works very well.
    If not now, when?
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    I wonder what you get from this picture ? this was shot about half an hour ago at around 1 am PST, shot from my terrace. Nifty Fifty on 400D with ISO 1600.

585690538_S36ch-L.jpg

In this picture little girl was running, enjoying and gigling with her uncle, as there was no electricity, and temprature is really high these days really makes impossible to sleep. And i was on my terrace with my camera.

This is in many ways the best image of yours that I've seen. The composition is wonderful; terrific motion; startlingly ambiguous; great tonality. It's a real winner.clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Hey thanks everyone i am glad you enjoyed the photo. thumb.gifthumb
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery