Some foggy day shots

kdspencerkdspencer Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited July 15, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I was at a camp last week and this mist rolled in and stuck around all morning. I grabbed my camera and went out looking for things to take pics of. Here are two that I really liked.

1. I'm looking for some ideas to make this image stronger. Since it was misty, I set my white balance to tungsten to get the moody blue look.
585874529_MnAWs-M-1.jpg

2. This is an HDR composite of the road that leads to the cabins used during kids camp.
585878399_k82fX-M-1.jpg

I appreciate any thoughts or tips for how to make either of these images better.

Thanks!
~Kathleen
Kathleen
www.kdspencer.com

Comments

• kdspencerkdspencer Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    anyone......?
    Kathleen
    www.kdspencer.com
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Your pictures would show better if you posted them 600px high or min. 800px wide.

If I were to show the first pic. I would have taken the pic or cropped the pic so the cross dominated the pic. I would have placed the cross in the top third. I think the blue needs to be toned down. You can get the moody look with a little less blue. The cross needs to pop out more.

The second pic is well composed and nicely done......thumb.gif

azzaro
  • lazarkllazarkl Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Your photos
    I enjoyed them both. I particularly liked the colors and the composition of the HDR. Both are very painterly.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    kdspencer wrote:
    I was at a camp last week and this mist rolled in and stuck around all morning. I grabbed my camera and went out looking for things to take pics of. Here are two that I really liked.

1. I'm looking for some ideas to make this image stronger. Since it was misty, I set my white balance to tungsten to get the moody blue look.

2. This is an HDR composite of the road that leads to the cabins used during kids camp.

I appreciate any thoughts or tips for how to make either of these images better.

Thanks!
    ~Kathleen

Hi Kathleen

I like your moody Blue processing of the first image.
    Had to look twice to see if it was a Cross or a mast off a boat :D

The Kids camp area looks inviting, the road leads nicely into the image.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited July 15, 2009
    Thanks everyone for your comments.

Azzaro, this is the original image of the cross. I've cropped it much closer, and I didn't do anything to it in terms of the blue-tint, or add the water.

Given your prior suggestions, what would you do with this image to make it go from interesting to excellent?

Thanks!
    Kathleen
    Kathleen
    www.kdspencer.com
    edited July 15, 2009
    Oops, here's the image. (sorry)

592077534_VXhst-M.jpg
    Kathleen
    www.kdspencer.com
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    kdspencer wrote:
    Oops, here's the image. (sorry)

592077534_VXhst-M.jpg

I like this!!! But I think it would look good in black and white too; might give it a moodier feel?