New Wheels

whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited July 9, 2009 in People
My boy, learning to ride his first bicycle. It's these moments that make me realize just how fast he's growing.

Your C/C please - I'm here to learn.

Oh, and before all the caring Dgrinners start yelling - be aware that my wife already yelled at me because he wasn't wearing the his helmut. :rolleyes

581658860_jcuMw-M.jpg

581657536_bo6EP-M.jpg

581656041_KfZ7v-M.jpg

581657546_LLigf-M.jpg

5. and for fun, a vintage treatment:
581653486_4yBKx-L.jpg

Thank you for looking.
- Christopher
My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!

Comments

• nikmolsonnikmolson Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    good stuff! cute kid
  • MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    hmmm ... I agree.. he is adorable!! however there is something about this series that feels very "snapshoty" ... cute but not extraordinary. The lighting feels a little flat to me... like it needs a perk. And his eyes look dull... a childs eyes IMO should be a primary focal point in a child portrait... punch up the catch lights a little and I feel there will be a big improvement. Over all... He looks like a joy!! I have a son also...boys are a lot of fun!
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar
  • jpendley77jpendley77 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Gee man get the kid a helmet......he already has one bump on his head...lol. I am in the same boat of forgetting the helmet. I would'nt say that they are snap shoty, the focus is spot on, however the lighting being more on his face than on the back of his head would make a bit of a change. On the other hand, he is worried about pedaling and not what lighting he should be facing towards. Great documentation of his first ride. thumb.gif
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Nik - thanks for taking the time to comment!

MissB - Thank you for commenting! I do appreciate your input. What I really needed was fill-flash and/or to change his orientation to the sun, correct? I was conscious of the sun and I sorta liked the pseudo-backlighting, but his eyes were lost in the shadows.

Jpendley - I appreciate you taking the time to comment - I chuckled that you noticed the existing head injury - that was "child vs wall" bruise. Again, thanks for the input.
    - Christopher
  • jpendley77jpendley77 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    I'm bad about making my wife run around with the reflector while i'm taking shots of my kids.
    edited July 9, 2009
    jpendley77 wrote:
    I'm bad about making my wife run around with the reflector while i'm taking shots of my kids.

Fantastic idea! clap.gifclap.gif
    - Christopher
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    OK; great that your boy is learning to ride a bike.

Would you like to speed up the whole process?

Here's the secret:

Split the problem into three parts:

1) Remove the bloody training wheels! They do nothing except impede his learning!!!

2) Balance: Lower the seat to the minimum, and remove pedals & cranks & chain; he will quickly learn to scoot the bike around using his feet, and will quickly learn how to balance and steer the bike without having the added problem of the pedals. When he's happy steering and balancing, move on to step 3.

3) Propulsion: pedals, cranks and chain back on; start with the seat low, and gradually increase to correct height as he gets used to pedalling

By the way, nice pictures… :D

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
    edited July 9, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:

Here's the secret:

1) Remove the bloody training wheels! They do nothing except impede his learning!!!

2) Balance: Lower the seat to the minimum, and remove pedals & cranks & chain; he will quickly learn to scoot the bike around using his feet, and will quickly learn how to balance and steer the bike without having the added problem of the pedals. When he's happy steering and balancing, move on to step 3.

3) Propulsion: pedals, cranks and chain back on; start with the seat low, and gradually increase to correct height as he gets used to pedalling

- Wil

Thanks Wil - great suggestions that make complete sense! Now I have to decide if I really want him to learn to ride his bike that well - with his energy he'll be half way to the moon once I turn my back!

Thanks for looking.
    - Christopher
  • MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:

Here's the secret:

- Wil

rotflmao!!!
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar