#29 - Concept - MJ Tribute

AirThomAirThom Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
edited July 17, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
So I had a concept but couldn't find the background or prop I needed immediately so I used what I had on-hand to take some concept shots to see if the idea came through the lens. I botched my idea to under-expose manually the sky behind me, because it was taking a ton of time and then I remembered this was only a concept shot so I shouldn't blow hours post-processing it.

Please tell me if you can see the song title... I'm not going to say what I had in mind, just who the artist is Michael Jackson.

586255869_m6Xzq-M.jpg

So if my idea made it through then I'll begin gathering resources for my reshoot.

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Micheal Jackson - Man in the Mirror :D
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Mirror, Mirror on the wall whos the fairest princess of them all?

oh, song...errr sorry:D
    Aaron Nelson
  • AirThomAirThom Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    haha.. wings.gif

Ok, reshoot plans getting lined up... Do you think a frame on the mirror is needed? I have access to a large FRAMELESS mirror but after using this smaller ornately framed mirror I think I kind of like it. For a background I thinking of locating a very nice flower garden to set up in.... I definitely need some color splash around it. The day-old mowed yard with matching bushes was quite a bit BLAH. I promise to use a better facial expression and put a time delay on my remote so I can put it in my pocket before the capture. heh
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Mirror, Mirror on the wall whos the fairest princess of them all?

oh, song...errr sorry:D

"fairest" :D

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
    edited July 9, 2009
    oh yeah I forgot to mention.. ya need to moon walk in the mirror, ya think you can pull that off? Probably not too well on grass, so your gonna have to find a "smooth criminal" I mean surface,,,, how about a smooth tile floor that lights up..? and you don't have near enough grease in your hair...

Oh, and a white glove would really tie it all together..thumb.gif

HA HA HA... :lol4:lol4:lol4well now, you asked for that by going with the MJ theme...mwink.gif

Just Razing Ya..:D:ivar

Besides, we all know "your bad",..... your bad,..... you know it..:lol

I guess I will just "beat it", and get on out of here:ivar,, after all, I don't "wanna be startin' somethin' ",,, NO seriously I am being so dorky, oh well, it is just my "human nature"

ok, I will leave ya alone now..:D:giggle:): I could not help myself...rolleyes1.gif
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    I got it right away and definitely think it's worth re shooting.
    edited July 16, 2009
    I haven't found a nice mirror I can move around outdoors... in an attempt to stay focused on my theme I shot a couple in a "powder room". I think I still like the outdoor version better.

593216907_cysPQ-L.jpg
    edited July 16, 2009
    I just realized I'm wearing the same shirt as the last time I shot for this... haha. It must be my DSS #29 inspired shirt.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    AirThom wrote:
    So I had a concept but couldn't find the background or prop I needed immediately so I used what I had on-hand to take some concept shots to see if the idea came through the lens. I botched my idea to under-expose manually the sky behind me, because it was taking a ton of time and then I remembered this was only a concept shot so I shouldn't blow hours post-processing it.

Please tell me if you can see the song title... I'm not going to say what I had in mind, just who the artist is Michael Jackson.

586255869_m6Xzq-M.jpg

So if my idea made it through then I'll begin gathering resources for my reshoot.

K-mart, target and such places had the oval "full" length mirrors at one time for about $40 with a base and wheels.......
    I suggest talking with your local zoo and shooting at the zoo with a chimp in the mirror..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited July 16, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    K-mart, target and such places had the oval "full" length mirrors at one time for about $40 with a base and wheels.......
    I suggest talking with your local zoo and shooting at the zoo with a chimp in the mirror..........

Thanks Art! Great tip on the mirror and hilarious idea on the chimp.
    edited July 17, 2009
    I have to agree I like the outside version better too.. It looks more creative.thumb.gif