Lightroom says my files are missing!!!

2»

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    I have been offered for someone in my IT department at the hospital where I work to use their super duper recovery software. They think they can retrieve them but I am not holding my breath!

If this works please let us know what super duper recovery software was used.....the one time I had to my Stellar Phoenix it pulled stuff off my card that had been deleted for almost 2 yrs......but I have only used it once.......if your IT guy doesn't get it recovered You could mail it to me and I would run it thru Stellar Phoenix....no charge...just mailing costs........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    If this works please let us know what super duper recovery software was used.....the one time I had to my Stellar Phoenix it pulled stuff off my card that had been deleted for almost 2 yrs......but I have only used it once.......if your IT guy doesn't get it recovered You could mail it to me and I would run it thru Stellar Phoenix....no charge...just mailing costs........

Thanks Art! I was also researching other methods and was pointed to using LRViewer (a free download) to view my catalog without the missing link notice on top then export to Jpeg. I know resolution won't be the same. Have you or anybody else ever successfully done this? ne_nau.gif
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • joglejogle Registered Users Posts: 422 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    Thanks jogle but what if they were all nef files? Would it still work?

yes!

Lightroom creates preview jpegs when it first opens the raw files, These are what you are seeing on screen in lightroom when it complains that it can't find the originals. They are stored in your massive catalogue file and this plugin pulls them out. the resolution is set in your prefs.
    jamesOgle photography
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." -A.Adams[/FONT]
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    Thanks to all of you who tried to help me in my time of need. I so much appreciate that you are all here! iloveyou.gif I have yet to recover the original files but am still working on trying with various programs... What I ended up doing was to go in the library screen maximize the previews as much as possible. Taking a screen shot which put them in png form. I opened them all in photoshop, cropped them all to 10x14 (5x7 equivalent) then sharpened a bit... I know they could use more work like noiseware or softening of some sort to make up for the lack of resolution but if any of you are interested in taking a look at them the are here... http://wingsoflove.smugmug.com/gallery/8871888_EWcwd/1/588124846_kyeWG

I have been also trying imageingester's lrviewer but am unable to import my catalogues into it to try to convert the previews to jpg as has been suggested. The maker of the program is trying to figure out why... Thanks again...bowdown.gif to all of you!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!