General Question

KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited July 10, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was over looking at a few of the past DSS galleries and the comments on some of the photos. How are you (all y'all?) getting your DGRIN username and avatar to show when you leave a comment. When I do it, my SmugMug user name shows.

Just wondering...
— Kevin
Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book

Comments

• pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    KevXman wrote:
    I was over looking at a few of the past DSS galleries and the comments on some of the photos. How are you (all y'all?) getting your DGRIN username and avatar to show when you leave a comment. When I do it, my SmugMug user name shows.

Just wondering...
    — Kevin

Mine too, I just have the same username and avatar on smug as I do here :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Hey Kevin.

You go to your smugmug account and under Bio information, you upload "your" smug > mug, then that photo will show up on your "gallery" posts. You will notice my avatar matches the one on my smugmug account in the entry gallery, and "not" the one I am currently using on the boards, but my name is the same because I use the same name here on dgrin as I do for my address on my smumug too.. Hope that helps..thumb.gif

Kat
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Sorry, I did not specify how..

You go to your account under control panel and under the settings button you can change your nickname, and then under the tab customize you can add your photo to your bio under there..

Kat
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited July 10, 2009
    In case they haven't answered it above, this is just a coincidence in that a large number of smuggers use the same name/avatar on both sites. There is no way around this w/in smug (as in, you can't have a smug site in one name and comment as another). You have one smug identity and one dgrin identity, it's up to you whether you want them to match or not.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    Thanks all! I have to stick with my SmugMug name because of all the implications of changing it. Because of the way that I have my SmugMug site set up I can use my DGrin avatar without it being affected. At least that way people will be able to make the connection between my dual identities.

Just so long as THE MAN doesn't catch on I should be safe. Oh, the tangled lives we lead.mwink.gif

— Kevin

My Site, My Book
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    KevXman wrote:

Just wondering...
    — Kevin

It is in my case that my Dgrin name is the same as my Smugmug account name. I don't show a bio photo on any of my pages, so don't usually pay attention to what my Smugmug photo is, so it might not match... Same set of photos that I rotate through on a varying basis for all of my other presences such as "F" Book....
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    HoofClix wrote:
    It is in my case that my Dgrin name is the same as my Smugmug account name. I don't show a bio photo on any of my pages, so don't usually pay attention to what my Smugmug photo is, so it might not match... Same set of photos that I rotate through on a varying basis for all of my other presences such as "F" Book....

Have you guys tried this:?

http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    My SmugMug and Dgrin names are different. When commenting in the challenge galleries, I just make certain to log off of my SmugMug account and then I manually type my name/email/link. It's not that much of a hassle to leave to multiple comments because the name/email/link fields autopopulate for each additional comment. Commenting this way though will of course not use an avatar.
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    Have you guys tried this:?

http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

Are you asking if I have tried painting my head a nice silvery shade of blue?"rolleyes1.gif

I've certainly had my contact with the Heroes, but not on this subject... Actually, the customization threads are really great for getting your site like you want it.....
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    HoofClix wrote:
    ... Actually, the customization threads are really great for getting your site like you want it.....

I will second that....especially for customizing a blog to match your smumug site. Great stuff.
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    Thanks everyone. I'm good to go. My SmugMug site is the way that I want. If I changed my nickname it would change the URL address to my site. Which is not what I want to do. Too much advertising already done plus business cards and so on. My DGrin avatar shows up now and that is good enough with me. Again, thanks for all the suggestions.

— Kevin

My Site, My Book