Before The Fight

jvgphotojvgphoto Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited July 11, 2009 in People
586865759_FLVhd-L.jpg
"Where there is no elegance of the heart...there is no elegance." Yves Saint Laurent

Comments

• PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    Nice shot

Now back to the fight...

Who?
    What?
    When?
    Where?

rolleyes1.gif
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    Looks like some combatant bit off a chunk of left ear..... :D
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    I think this is a nice shot in and of itself, but I don't think it fits the subject matter as well as it could. I'm assuming this is a boxer or MMA fighter... but without the title all I would have thought was "shirtless guy." If we could see more of him, particularly his gloves or handwraps, it would add a lot of context to the shot. The other thing is the lighting. It's nice light, don't get me wrong, but for a shot of a fighter preparing for battle, something harder and more contrasty would have been more appropriate in my opinion. Lastly, depending on where this was taken, including some of the environment in the background could really add a lot (assuming this was in some sort of locker room).
  • tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    I think this is a nice shot in and of itself, but I don't think it fits the subject matter as well as it could. I'm assuming this is a boxer or MMA fighter... but without the title all I would have thought was "shirtless guy." If we could see more of him, particularly his gloves or handwraps, it would add a lot of context to the shot. The other thing is the lighting. It's nice light, don't get me wrong, but for a shot of a fighter preparing for battle, something harder and more contrasty would have been more appropriate in my opinion. Lastly, depending on where this was taken, including some of the environment in the background could really add a lot (assuming this was in some sort of locker room).

yes...