Bridge

twhite14twhite14 Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited July 10, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I took this picture about a year ago and really didn't like it. I then converted it to B&W and it took on a much different feel.

I have not done a ton of B&W conversions so I would appreciate any feedback (or on the composition of the shot for that matter.)

For those that are curious, this is the I-75 over pass on the Kentucky River.

587031547_AVnYv-M.jpg

Comments

• kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    twhite14 wrote:
    I took this picture about a year ago and really didn't like it. I then converted it to B&W and it took on a much different feel.

I have not done a ton of B&W conversions so I would appreciate any feedback (or on the composition of the shot for that matter.)

Hi Tim,

Relative noob here, so take this for what it is worth. I like the black and white and I like the architecture and lines of the bridge. I think somehow there is too much in the image to see it, though, and make it stand out. I would try to get rid of the tree line on the right so that the bridge is more the focal point of the image. And somehow maybe the black/white/gray shading of the bridge needs to be more distinct from the black/white/gray shading of the vegetation on the left side of the image to make the bridge stand out more.

maybe try to play with the levels to make the bridge stand out more, or select the bridge or the vegetation to make them brighter or darker than the other?

Just my 2 centavos.