Canon 50D Multi-Controller Button

whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited July 12, 2009 in Cameras
Has anyone experienced issues with the 50D multi-controller button? Specifically, I find that I have to press that darn button 2 or 3, sometimes 4 times to access the quick control screen to make adjustments to the camera settings. I know the manual says to press straight down, but even doing that doesn't guarantee it will work correctly.

Just wanted to see if this issue is isolated to my 50D or it others experience this too.
- Christopher
My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!

Comments

• ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    Never had an issue with mine.
  • paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    Christopher,

The manual's terminology is confusing. "Down" does not mean "toward the bottom of the camera," which is what most of us would think it means. It means "forward toward the camera body"--e.g., "down" if the lens is pointed at the floor. On mine, if I push straight forward, it works fine.

Dan
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    paddler4 wrote:
    Christopher,

The manual's terminology is confusing. "Down" does not mean "toward the bottom of the camera," which is what most of us would think it means. It means "forward toward the camera body"--e.g., "down" if the lens is pointed at the floor. On mine, if I push straight forward, it works fine.

Dan

Yup, it takes several inward (vs down) pushes to activate that button. I'm just debating now whether it's bothersome enough to send it for repair. headscratch.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    You might want to find another one to compare, but it does not sound right to me. I just tried mine to see, and if I push straight inward, the screen goes right on