Photoloon

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited July 10, 2009 in Cameras
Hi
been looking at the 5d mark II and I came across photoloon.com as having a better price than most. I've never heard of them, and this is a big purchase, was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them?
Thanks

Comments

• ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    Hi
    been looking at the 5d mark II and I came across photoloon.com as having a better price than most. I've never heard of them, and this is a big purchase, was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them?
    Thanks
    Look at Reseller Ratings: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Photo_Loon
    Although the rating itself isn't too bad, some of the reviews sound just like the NY stores that got busted this week (or last week). I'd stay with the reliable, well known stores. Either your local store, Adorama, or B&H.
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,080 moderator
    edited July 10, 2009
    The truth is that cameras do not have that much margin or markup. These places offering to sell at ridiculous low prices "cannot" be legitimate.

My strong recommendation is to save your money until you can afford to buy from a legitimate source at a legitimate price.

In addition to the places mentioned above:

Calumet
    Tallyn's
    Amazon (but do some homework on the place actually selling the goods)

Check out our threads:

Buying a Camera? How To Not Get Ripped Off

Where to buy?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    Thanks, glad I asked here. They had good ratings on Amazon, but the bad reviews speak for themselves. I will stay away.