Radioactive Mountain Dew

Rob PauzaRob Pauza Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited July 11, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This is the result of being REALLY bored one night. Happens way too often actually.

I cut out 4 holes in a piece of black foam board and placed 4 glasses of Mountain Dew directly over them. A small 2'x3' soft box placed high was the key light. After the initial strobe flash, I drug the shutter for 4 seconds during which, I "painted in" light with a flashlight from underneath to illuminate the liquid through the cut holes. The little bit of light you see on the front of the glasses is a reflection from a TV I had on. :)

Anyway, I thought it was a cool enough effect to share.

-Rob Pauza
Rob Pauza Photography

glasses.jpg
-Rob Pauza
Rob Pauza Photography

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    Rob Pauza wrote:
    This is the result of being REALLY bored one night. Happens way too often actually.

I cut out 4 holes in a piece of black foam board and placed 4 glasses of Mountain Dew directly over them. A small 2'x3' soft box placed high was the key light. After the initial strobe flash, I drug the shutter for 4 seconds during which, I "painted in" light with a flashlight from underneath to illuminate the liquid through the cut holes. The little bit of light you see on the front of the glasses is a reflection from a TV I had on. :)

Anyway, I thought it was a cool enough effect to share.

-Rob Pauza
    Rob Pauza Photography

15524779-Ti.gif it's very cool! thumb.gifthumb

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Rob PauzaRob Pauza Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    Thanks so much for the reply Jack. I checked out your site btw. Nice work. My father is a knifemaker and your gun photos remind me very much of some of the ones I take for him.

-Rob Pauza
    Rob Pauza Photography
    -Rob Pauza
    Rob Pauza Photography
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    I agree...this is a cool looking photo thumb.gif