Comments

• jpendley77jpendley77 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    Look like a friendly bunch to me! thumb.gif
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    jpendley77 wrote:
    Look like a friendly bunch to me! thumb.gif

That's OK then, I just wasn't sure if this mightn't have been a pre-cooking-the-photographer dance!rolleyes1.gif
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • momwacmomwac Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    Oh sure, they'll pose and mug and grin... all a ruse to get your guard down... and then they attack. It's all in great fun, until somebody loses a filter. rolleyes1.gif

Great picture! Obviously they're having a good time with you. A lot of times, that's exactly what it's about! Wish I could see the face of the kid on the far right -- but of course, the more you pose them, the more you risk losing the spontaneous fun. Love the little guy on the left, what a character!
    edited July 13, 2009
    momwac wrote:
    Oh sure, they'll pose and mug and grin... all a ruse to get your guard down... and then they attack. It's all in great fun, until somebody loses a filter. rolleyes1.gif

Great picture! Obviously they're having a good time with you. A lot of times, that's exactly what it's about! Wish I could see the face of the kid on the far right -- but of course, the more you pose them, the more you risk losing the spontaneous fun. Love the little guy on the left, what a character!

Thanks for looking in!

Begs the question have cameras changed human behavior - did children act like this before photography??!!rolleyes1.gif

• hesaiashesaias Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Just point a camera at a group of kids, and there you go!
    Scott

Canon Rebel XT
    Canon 580 EX Speedlight
    Canon EF 50mm f1.8
    Canon EF IS 28-135mm f/3.2-5.6
    Canon EFL 70-200 f/2.8
    SanDisk Ultra IIs
    edited July 13, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    Begs the question have cameras changed human behavior - did children act like this before photography??!!
    Ever heard a kid yell, "Mommy/Daddy, look at me!!" :D

I do wonder how today's kids will be different as a result of being the YouTube/Myspace/Facebook generation, the most photographed generation ever, with practically every little moment of their lives documented and often on display. Will they be more self-centered (stars of their own shows!), or perhaps more self-conscious (the world is always watching!), or value their privacy more or less? Or have a different notion of privacy altogether?

Sorry for the digression... it's an interesting question!
    edited July 13, 2009
    hesaias wrote:
    Just point a camera at a group of kids, and there you go!

Yeah, it works!:D

edited July 13, 2009
    momwac wrote:
    Ever heard a kid yell, "Mommy/Daddy, look at me!!" :D

I do wonder how today's kids will be different as a result of being the YouTube/Myspace/Facebook generation, the most photographed generation ever, with practically every little moment of their lives documented and often on display. Will they be more self-centered (stars of their own shows!), or perhaps more self-conscious (the world is always watching!), or value their privacy more or less? Or have a different notion of privacy altogether?

Sorry for the digression... it's an interesting question!

It is an interesting question!thumb.gif

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    It is an interesting question!thumb.gif

I believe we already have the answer - as exhibited on 10s of millions of Facebook and My Space pages and You Tube Videos - and it is that they have no sense of privacy what-so-ever. It's quite scary really, because their utter disregard for the concept of privacy is likely to carry over into areas of life where we have taken privacy for granted.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
    edited July 13, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    ... their utter disregard for the concept of privacy is likely to carry over into areas of life where we have taken privacy for granted.

You mean it has future "human rights" implications, I think. Yes, I see that.

Though, when I think of adolescent subculture (aka age grade) all around the world, it's characterised by intimacy and display. It's most usually the last time when individuals can stand "outside" the norms of society.

• 8zil8zil Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    very friendly I would say, soemtimes going the extra mile and asking for a picture to some strangers, as risky as it is, can really pay of
    edited July 14, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    they have no sense of privacy what-so-ever.
    At the risk of going way too far off topic, I must disagree with this. They do have a "sense of privacy." But it's a very strange one. They'll make all kinds of personal, even intimate, information freely available to random, anonymous strangers on the Internet... then get upset if their mom reads their profile. headscratch.gif Or send explicit cell-phone photos of themselves to their classmates, but rush across the stage to avoid a photo op when receiving a school award.
    Examples of the former
    Such interpersonal naivete combined with such technical (pseudo-)sophistication... I think it's a bit strange.

OK, sorry again for the OT digression.
    edited July 15, 2009
    momwac wrote:
    At the risk of going way too far off topic, I must disagree with this. They do have a "sense of privacy." But it's a very strange one. They'll make all kinds of personal, even intimate, information freely available to random, anonymous strangers on the Internet... then get upset if their mom reads their profile. headscratch.gif Or send explicit cell-phone photos of themselves to their classmates, but rush across the stage to avoid a photo op when receiving a school award.
    Examples of the former
    Such interpersonal naivete combined with such technical (pseudo-)sophistication... I think it's a bit strange.

OK, sorry again for the OT digression.

Truly fascinating!