Sunset over Criffel

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited July 12, 2009 in Landscapes
Sunset over Criffel and Solway Firth, south west Scotland. C & C welcome.
Regards
Bob
588251722_6R8W2-L.jpg
588234592_Kcn4P-L.jpg

Comments

• jsruccijsrucci Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    Beautiful....
    canon400d wrote:
    Sunset over Criffel and Solway Firth, south west Scotland. C & C welcome.
    Regards
    Bob
    Bob, those shots are beautiful. We did a nice two week trip all around Scotland back in 2001. Unfortunately I did not yet have a digital camera (they were fairly new anyway) and my skills were much less as well. Seeing your picture made me want to go back again. If only there were more time and money :)

One thing you might want to do with your pictures is be sure to have yourself leveled out with the horizon. I've had the same problem in the past, something I now try to make a point to correct. If you forget and notice after the shots, just straighten them in Photoshop or whatever you have to edit them.

Steve
    Steve

http://www.steverucci.com

Use this code to get a discount when joining Smugmug: FmsEHhiPzBxic
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    jsrucci wrote:
    Bob, those shots are beautiful. We did a nice two week trip all around Scotland back in 2001. Unfortunately I did not yet have a digital camera (they were fairly new anyway) and my skills were much less as well. Seeing your picture made me want to go back again. If only there were more time and money :)

One thing you might want to do with your pictures is be sure to have yourself leveled out with the horizon. I've had the same problem in the past, something I now try to make a point to correct. If you forget and notice after the shots, just straighten them in Photoshop or whatever you have to edit them.

Steve

Thanks Steve for looking and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in Scotland. I agree with you now you have pointed it out about the straightening. I will do it in CS4.
    Regards
    Bob
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    Nice ones, Bob. That is a beautiful sunset you captured! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Nice ones, Bob. That is a beautiful sunset you captured! thumb.gif
    Thanks Mahesh for looking and replying which I really appreciate.
    Regards
    Bob