"Genesis - the Seventh Day"

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited July 13, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I love sunsets, stillness, and reflections! This was taken on a brilliant, peaceful autumn sunset at Lake Martin/Cypress Island Preserve near Lafayette, Louisiana. Just wanted to share...

548021910_NNqn3-XL.jpg
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2009
    Really a beautiful photo Al!! I also love sunrise and sunset!! I think that is when our Creator does some of his finest artistry!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    ront wrote:
    Really a beautiful photo Al!! I also love sunrise and sunset!! I think that is when our Creator does some of his finest artistry!!

Ron
    Thanks. Appreciated.
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    agallia wrote:
    I love sunsets, stillness, and reflections! This was taken on a brilliant, peaceful autumn sunset at Lake Martin/Cypress Island Preserve near Lafayette, Louisiana. Just wanted to share...

Gosh it looks like it's on fire eek7.gif lovely shot Agallia thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Nice capture!thumb.gifthumb I too thought it was a forest fire at first.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Thanks, Jack'll do and Skippy too! (Hey, almost a poem!)
    Your nice comments are welcome for sure.
    Acadiana Al
  • Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    ront wrote:

Ron

Amen & Amen! :D