Still Waters & Old Friends

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited July 17, 2009 in Landscapes
Cypress trees and still waters on a November afternoon at the Lake Martin/Cypress Island Preserve near Lafayette, Louisiana. Peaceful evenings, setting sun, stillness and reflections are among my priorties when searching for Serendipity. Original had harsh lighting. Hopefully, corrections in Final were improvement.

Final (after highlights toned down):
548446758_V6wac-XL.jpg

Original (lighting harsh):
594002647_cfQNW-XL.jpg
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    I love cypress trees, Al, and these bring back fond memories from my visit to central Florida (even yours are from Lafayatte). The lighting is a bit harsh, but the comp in very nice! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    I love cypress trees, Al, and these bring back fond memories from my visit to central Florida (even yours are from Lafayatte). The lighting is a bit harsh, but the comp in very nice! thumb.gif
    Thanks, Mahesh. Appreciate your comments. Yes, I realize the lighting is a little harsh. May try to soften it some. Regards.
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
    edited July 17, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    FYI... I toned down the harsh highlights a bit on the original post photo. Your opinion now?
    Acadiana Al
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    agallia wrote:
    FYI... I toned down the harsh highlights a bit on the original post photo. Your opinion now?

I don't quite remember what the original looked like, Al. Maybe if you posted both versions, I could make a better assessment. As is, the light still looks harsh, but it may well be better than the original. I'll have to see both.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
    edited July 17, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    I don't quite remember what the original looked like, Al. Maybe if you posted both versions, I could make a better assessment. As is, the light still looks harsh, but it may well be better than the original. I'll have to see both.
    OK. Both now shown on 1st post.
    Acadiana Al