Off to the Park!

sry407sry407 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited July 18, 2009 in People
So by request from our daughter, we headed out to the park today. I took my camera with to get some fun shots, and was pretty happy with the outcome overall. More pics/info are on my blog, and the whole set in on my website.

Thanks for looking, and C&C is always welcomed!

Adam

588937721_4D3td-M.jpg

2. This was on the way to the park...
588938471_cxZzg-M.jpg

588939287_8fNU7-M.jpg

588939620_SkPf3-M.jpg

588939748_VLL6T-M.jpg

588940680_7pE4q-M.jpg

588941215_kRst7-M.jpg

588941558_BJB3o-M.jpg

Comments

• JwarJwar Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    1&4 are the best. She really cute:D
    Jay

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
    Kinky Friedman
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Nice Shots

The kids skin tones in #6, #7 & #8 are blown out.
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Nice Shots

The kids skin tones in #6, #7 & #8 are blown out.

Not really - look in PS - there are some spots that are over exposed, but by no means are they blown out. I believe she has very pale skin. :D
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • sry407sry407 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    bdcolen,

So you got me curious as to what's going on here. It does look like the skin is blown out in some areas, but as you posted my finall PP image in ACR...there's minor clipping in my edit for the skin (the blacks are a different story mwink.gif ). So I pulled up the RAW image in ACR and checked out the clipping, and MINOR clipping w/ zero in the skin on the face...zero.

I know I added clipping from my contrast and highlights, and I'm ok with that because that's a PP error I can learn from/fix; no problem. My question taken from this is that overall, my kid has your average skin tome for a toddler Caucasian.

So what I want to figure out is how to correct this in camera, not in ACR or CS4. The sun was pretty darn harsh, we left early because it kicked or butts! So having a normal skin toned kid in harsh sun, what are some tips you all might have to keep it from looking like blown highlights where there really are none in the histogram???

Thanks for any input and advice!

Adam
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    sry407 wrote:
    bdcolen,

So you got me curious as to what's going on here. It does look like the skin is blown out in some areas, but as you posted my finall PP image in ACR...there's minor clipping in my edit for the skin (the blacks are a different story mwink.gif ). So I pulled up the RAW image in ACR and checked out the clipping, and MINOR clipping w/ zero in the skin on the face...zero.

I know I added clipping from my contrast and highlights, and I'm ok with that because that's a PP error I can learn from/fix; no problem. My question taken from this is that overall, my kid has your average skin tome for a toddler Caucasian.

So what I want to figure out is how to correct this in camera, not in ACR or CS4. The sun was pretty darn harsh, we left early because it kicked or butts! So having a normal skin toned kid in harsh sun, what are some tips you all might have to keep it from looking like blown highlights where there really are none in the histogram???

Thanks for any input and advice!

Adam

In this case, where you are not using flash, you'll just want to concentrate on exposing properly for the face. Use the spot meter in camera.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • sry407sry407 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    Trevlan wrote:
    In this case, where you are not using flash, you'll just want to concentrate on exposing properly for the face. Use the spot meter in camera.

Thanks for the input, I will definitely work on that next time!

Thanks...