Comments/Suggestions Please -- 1963 Ford Pickup

jandrewnelsonjandrewnelson Registered Users Posts: 300 Major grins
edited July 12, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Thanks for the helpl and critique!

588942490_jzSLu-L.jpg

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    The first thing that hits me is that your watermark is directly over the hood ornament and - at first glance - seems to be something on the ornament. I don't see the point of watermarking the image in this manner. It protects you against theft of the image, but do you really think someone is going to hijack it? If you want a watermark on there as a signature line, move it down to the lower right or left where it's clear it's a watermark and not part of the image.

(Watermarks are my pet peeve. Unless you are putting up images where you expect to sell copies and want to protect the image, they should not obscure the subject or be placed in such a way that they appear to be flaws in the subject. This one does.)

There are times when you want to center your image, but I'm not sure this is one of them. I'd crop it to the left windshield pillar (as we look at it) and crop some off the bottom of the image and off-set the image horizontally and vertically. I'd also paint in, in black, the white sky areas above the roof of the car. You need the black area up there, but the white of the sky looks like an part of the roof that is peeling off.

You have a bit of a problem with the paper on the dashboard next to the statuette. If you had access to the interior, it would have been good to remove that. I understand that's not always possible.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/