Options

WTS/WTT Intel Mac Pro

thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
edited July 12, 2009 in The Kitchen Sink
Hiya folks,

I have an Intel Mac Pro purchased in late 2007 that I would like to sell or trade for Nikon equipment.

The Stats:
Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon processors
1GB (two 512MB) of 667MHz DDR2 EEC fully-buffered RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB Video Card w/ DVI  VGA Adapter
250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s; 7200 rpm; 8MB cache hard drive
16x SuperDrive (DVD+R, DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW
Mac keyboard and mouse included
OS X 10.4 Tiger installed (you get the install discs as well)
No monitor
No airport card

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to see some more detailed information from Apple support on this model. It's a basic Mac Pro but, with an inexpensive RAM and video card upgrade, it's still a photo beast.

Here's the story on this machine:
It was originally purchased in last 07' by a small publishing company looking to upgrade. Turns out the Intel Macs wouldn't run their older software (Quark and such) so they opted against further upgrades and shelved the machine after very little use. My brother won the machine in a company auction and subsequently sold it to me. I, however, am a .NET programmer and have my entire life in Microsoft software so, after a couple weeks of playing with it, I too shelved the Mac. So this machine has seen very little use.

Available to:
Local shoppers only please. I do not have the original packaging for the computer and it would cost a small fortune to ship this behemoth. I live in Northeast Missouri (Bowling Green, MO if you want to Google it) and wouldn't mind travelling 100 miles or so in any given direction for a sale. If you're across the world and can't live without it shoot me a PM and we can, at least, discuss our options.

What I want:

$1500 cash
-OR-
In lieu of cash, I am interested in Nikon camera/lens trades. I will entertain offers containing a D80, D200, D300 or maybe even a D2x.

Here are some mediocre pictures of the machine. It is very clean with only a few minor scuffs on the outside. The inside is not shown but is completely untouched.

3714356390_c4933f4e54_o.jpg

3714356062_08fca7961f_o.jpg

3713544459_197e6d4cbc_o.jpg

3713543901_c7dbef03a5_o.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Travis