Seriously? 50D

FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
edited July 15, 2009 in Cameras
I know they say when it seems to good to be true it is........

But how is this even possible for the unheard of companies?

I just did a google search for Canon 50D, to see who's got the best price, and this came up......

Bingo Cameras
~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
my real job
looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11

Comments

• 20DNoob20DNoob Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    rofl3.gif
    Christian.

5D2/1D MkII N/40D and a couple bits of glass.
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    20DNoob wrote:
    rofl3.gif

Seriously.....I about died....headscratch.gif
    rolleyes1.gif
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • amg2833amg2833 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    ANTHONY :thumb
    [AMG]photos

[Yashica Lynx 14E | Canon 30D | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 | 540ez | Cactus V4s]

edited July 12, 2009
    amg2833 wrote:

Thanks for posting that Anthony, I had read that a while back and was just looking for it. I can't believe that people would actual order from these places...
    ~Shannon~

my real job
    edited July 12, 2009
    Everyone wants to save money, especially people on limited budgets.

With companies like that out there, places like DGrin where photographers of all backgrounds are available for support are invaluable.
    [AMG]photos

edited July 12, 2009
    amg2833 wrote:
    Everyone wants to save money, especially people on limited budgets.

With companies like that out there, places like DGrin where photographers of all backgrounds are available for support are invaluable.

Absolutely!!!
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited July 12, 2009
    Send me the money. No, I won't send you a camera either, but it'll be going towards a better cause. Trust me. deal.gif

rolleyes1.gif
  • gryphonslair99gryphonslair99 Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    Please allow me to comment to your question with what I posted to a similar question in another forum.

(To be read in your best W. C. Fields voice)

Don't listen to them other posters boy, their just angry that you found a better deal then they did. The cream always rises to the top of the bucket if you know what I mean. Who would ever say something about a product if it wasn't true. Why not only will you get the camera body for the price we have listed, but for a measly $75.00 we will throw in a brand new, genuine Cannon body cap. You say you want a view finder cushion, not a problem, only $45.00 extra. Of course it doen't run well without a battery, Those little buggers are hard to come by you know. But I can let you have one for not $300.00, Not $200.00 but the one time rock bottom low price of $189.95. For $100.00 more I will throw in absolutely free a 1gig SD card, a lens cleaning kit and a professional tripod and three, that's right, three photo albums to showcase your pictures.

Now I know that you will be wanting to be able to charge that battery so for an extra $150.00 I will give you a genuine, real live battery charger. Works on all batteries anywhere in the world. For $200.00 I'll give you the one that Canon made for the battery. Course you don't want to be dropping that camera, so for the paltry sum of $60.00 I will sell you a genuine imitation naugahyde strap make out of nylon with the words Cannon embroidered on it at no extra charge.

Of course now that you are all set up to take them pictures, you are gonna be the next Amsel Adams my boy, I can feel it in my bones, you are gonna need a way to get them pictures off the camera. You could pay upwards of $200 for a USB cord to attach to your camera, but I'm gonna let you have one for the measly price of $59.95.

Now I know you will want to get the very best lens available so for today and today only we have on sale the Phalanx 10-600mm f0.001 professional quality, tilt shift, macro, soft focus, auto focus, R quality cream colored lens. Just like you see on the sidelines of them professional high paid photographers and such. Only lens you will ever need for any type of picture taking. Just $150.00.

Well there you have it boy, within no time you will be takin pictures and selling them for the big money, yes-sir-re, big, big money. Now all you have to do is call me with your name, date of birth, social security number, and the number from three different credit cards in your name and your checking and savings account number and we will be all set to ship this all out to you. Due to a small back order problem on this highly desirable product it will not ship until June 31st.

All sales final. We reserve the right to substitute any and all accessories with ones of our own choosing. Prices listed are for the exact item specified and do not include any manuals, accessories or other items that may be shipped by the manufacturer with the listed product. All items are processed with separate shipping and handling charges no matter when they were ordered. Some items may not be in stock when ordered.

p.s. yes some of the spelling mistakes were intentional.

They are so new they haven't even hit here yet.
    Ratings and Reviews for Stores at ResellerRatings.com: Search: Showing All Stores
    I would not have a lot of confidence in them.
  • rookieshooterrookieshooter Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    How can these businesses even operate? I've seen a ton of them and they all are bait-and-switch shops with terrible BBB ratings. You think the Attorney general would shut them down.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    This is the deal that really made me wonder just how gullible they thought/think people really are:
    edited July 12, 2009
    This is the deal that really made me wonder just how gullible they thought/think people really are:

Scott, that is the one that made me spit the water I was drinking, right out at my screen eek7.gif ......

Who are they kidding, and please I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone who may have tried to buy from them, but goodness if you have, please have the sense to be educated...
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    What had me laughing was that Bingo Cameras is selling CPS 5 year protection plans for cameras under $2000...
    edited July 13, 2009
    Toshido wrote:
    What had me laughing was that Bingo Cameras is selling CPS 5 year protection plans for cameras under $2000...

They'll sell ya anything....rolleyes1.gif
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    My second favourite was the 2 and 5 hour batteries....
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Here's their ResellerRatings - Bingo Cameras listing. I find it very intersting that all the reviews are "one checkmark", save one and that one is a "5". Oh, and the reviewer of that one has "whatUneed" for a nickname. Hmmmm ....
    edited July 13, 2009

Now I know you will want to get the very best lens available so for today and today only we have on sale the Phalanx 10-600mm f0.001 professional quality, tilt shift, macro, soft focus, auto focus, R quality cream colored lens. Just like you see on the sidelines of them professional high paid photographers and such. Only lens you will ever need for any type of picture taking. Just $150.00.

rolleyes1.gifI hear that's a great lens.
    [AMG]photos

• FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    TooGoodToBeTrue.......sorry
    Heads up on these deals from companies like Bingo (although Ive not heard of them) or Sunshine, or Broadway or others. Many sell GreyMarket gear (no US warranty) or bring you into a very hard upsell of accessories etc.
    I've found that when searching for best pricing and I see a deal too good to be true, it is. Always plug their name into google with the word complaints. The search results should include sites where people lodge complaints based on poor business practices.
    Hope this helps
    P
    Flutist wrote:
    I know they say when it seems to good to be true it is........

But how is this even possible for the unheard of companies?

I just did a google search for Canon 50D, to see who's got the best price, and this came up......

Bingo Cameras
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,080 moderator
    edited July 15, 2009
    Froch wrote:
    Heads up on these deals from companies like Bingo (although Ive not heard of them) or Sunshine, or Broadway or others. Many sell GreyMarket gear (no US warranty) or bring you into a very hard upsell of accessories etc.
    I've found that when searching for best pricing and I see a deal too good to be true, it is. Always plug their name into google with the word complaints. The search results should include sites where people lodge complaints based on poor business practices.
    Hope this helps
    P

Froch, welcome to the Digital Grin. clap.gif

Thanks for the suggestions.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums