Jeff and his harness

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited July 13, 2009 in People
Yesterday I had a chance to assist on a wedding to a renowned OC wedding photographer, Mr. Jeffrey Milo. We first met a couple years ago at Shay's WPBC San Diego. Here are a few pics of Jeff hisself.

(all the pics a SOOC small coarse jpegs, not much artistic merit in them)

#1: Meet Jeff:

589157024_rmoZc-XL.jpg

#2: That's how you shoot the bride:

589156704_pYjMb-XL.jpg

#3: Jeff in the heart of an action:

589157672_bJqie-XL.jpg

#4: Chimp! :-)

589158359_rKgoX-XL.jpg

Enjoy! :D

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    Ahhh, photos of the photographer in action ... haha .... been on the other side of that. (one of my 2nds has a deep passion of taking photos of me ... in the worst moments rolleyes1.gif )

Fun to see somebody else "suffer" ... rolleyes1.gif Hope he didn't forget the lens of the armoire mwink.gif
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    That harness is quite interesting, but dang I'd be scared of it breaking with that 70-200 on it
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Renowned? I'm not to sure about that, but maybe someday. As shown above its not to hard to see why I choose to stay behind the camera instead of in front of it. I will get even for this. In all seriousness it is a rare privilege to be able to shoot with someone as accomplished as Nik. Not only is he a great photographer he is a master of lighting, me I primarily do natural light, so having his expertise there yesterday to light a few very tough situations made all the difference in the world. The Bar shots look great straight out of the camera buddy, thank you! Anytime you want to team up again you are more than welcome here!

Agnieszka - I think I am going to alter my 2nd shooter agreement to read "No shots of me will be taken." The 70-200 made it home safe & sound. I never let my baby to far out of my sight.

Flutist - The harness is called a CameraSlinger (www.cameraslingers.com) it is very well made and unbelievable comfortable to wear. As you can see I am not a small guy by any means and normally after lugging around two bodies at a wedding with some jury-rigged strap setup for 10 hrs or so my back is killing me. After yesterdays wedding, this first I have used this on, i felt great. It distributes the weight across the shoulders evenly. It also makes switching between cameras remarkably easy. I was a bit concerned at first myself with the 70-200, but it carried the weight with no problem at all. I strongly recommend this product to any photographer that regularly shoots with two camera bodies.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com