MY Prom

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited June 21, 2005 in People
these pictures were not taken by me, they were taken by my friend gaelen harlacher. since i knew that i couldn't shoot my own pre-prom party and theres nobody in my family that can use my camera, i asked her for her help. i know gaelen from shooting local bands, we go to a lot of the same shows. she was interested because she wants to beef up her portfolio and i also offered $50 which is decent for someone in college. she had her digital rebel with the kit lens for group shots and i gave her my digital rebel with my 70-200mm f/2.8L and my 420ex for close-ups, portaits, and anything else that needed awesome quality. everything was shot raw because shooting at that time of day (5ish-7ish) can be difficult with lots of shadows and what not.

most of the pictures were good, but i thought there were a couple that were alone worth over $50. please tell me what you think because these pictures are actually of me and my girlfriend.

i'm just posting my two favorites for now, i'll post more soon. these have been barely touched in photoshop.
24918445-M-1.jpg

24918478-L-1.jpg

Comments

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2005
    She did great!
    binghott wrote:
    these pictures were not taken by me, they were taken by my friend gaelen harlacher. since i knew that i couldn't shoot my own pre-prom party and theres nobody in my family that can use my camera, i asked her for her help. i know gaelen from shooting local bands, we go to a lot of the same shows. she was interested because she wants to beef up her portfolio and i also offered $50 which is decent for someone in college. she had her digital rebel with the kit lens for group shots and i gave her my digital rebel with my 70-200mm f/2.8L and my 420ex for close-ups, portaits, and anything else that needed awesome quality. everything was shot raw because shooting at that time of day (5ish-7ish) can be difficult with lots of shadows and what not.

most of the pictures were good, but i thought there were a couple that were alone worth over $50. please tell me what you think because these pictures are actually of me and my girlfriend.

i'm just posting my two favorites for now, i'll post more soon. these have been barely touched in photoshop.
    24918445-S-1.jpg

24918478S-1.jpg

Did she pose you guys also? These are really spectacular and the lighting is just right. I hope the others came out as well.
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    Did she pose you guys also? These are really spectacular and the lighting is just right. I hope the others came out as well.
    15524779-Ti.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2005
    You will have some great memories for sure. Excellent photographs.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 21, 2005
    Barry,

These are both very, very nice. Your friend did an very good job thumb.gifthumb.gif The 2nd shot definitely belongs in a frame on your parent's mantle clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2005
    thanks guys, i'm so happy. and yes, she had us pose.