DSS#29 How a bout

DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
edited July 17, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
It is funny when these competitions are going the mind does strange things.
Going though Grandsons pictures today and saw this and thought of the song title.

Send in the Clowns The 1st cupcake division
589448650_YbZzt-L.jpg
Chris K. NANPA Member
http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/

Comments

• WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    I like it!

Made me giggle.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 13, 2009
    aww...those are sweet!
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Ha, ha,... cool idea, nice image iloveyou.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Very clever! clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    I hate clowns. Haaaaaate clowns. In human form, in cake form, whatever. The worst is probably plastic doll from. * shudder *

But I really like the take on the song! Is there any way to bring some variations into the yellow frosting? I'm on the bad monitor and it just looks like a sea of yellow; I have to look hard to see details in all but the very bottom of the frosting, they're lost on the top of the cupcakes for me.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:
    It is funny when these competitions are going the mind does strange things.
    Going though Grandsons pictures today and saw this and thought of the song title.

Send in the Clowns The 1st cupcake division

Saw what? Your confusing me Chris..eek7.gifD You mean you saw the candles and clowns and then set up this shot? or you saw this photo in his stuff and are just sharing it and are thinking about a similar shot?

As far as the idea goes, I really like it and think it has a ton of potential with all of that contrasting color and witty play on the title and theme.. Although, I think it could be shot better with a slight deeper DOF, not too much deeper but a little bit more, and I would shoot it on all white with a white background.. I love the blue cup, but I don't favor the brown cups, so if you do set up this shot, I would go with different bright colors of cups or better yet all red cups and the front one blue or visa versa, etc, etc,... Man that was a mouthful, but you get what I am saying..:D:Drolleyes1.gif

Kat
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    I see you are already going into lack of camera withdrawals Kat. I recognize the symptoms.

I took a bunch of pictures at the grandson party. I did not set up a shot or anything like that but afterward when going through the shots, I thought of the song title.

My wife spent hours baking and making them so I took a few shots for her. I signed her up for a cake decorating class. She had been certified by Wilton years ago. But she wanted to do it over since she has not use her skills in a while. Maybe she will do cakes and I can shoot the party or weddings.

Wella, no chance for reshoots after the kids had their way with them. The blue cup was a bonus

Kinkajou I will put a warning next time for clowns like I promised divamum
    I would do for snakes

Thanks ALL for the feedback
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    edited July 15, 2009
    ohh.. ok, well I see now.. I thought you meant you went through a box of old stuff from way back..sorry..

yes, it is probably the withdraws.. however, I got her working on manual, which is going to be tough without any kind of focus confirmation, but at least I can shoot something.. I guess I had better hurry up and get her done before something else goes south...

P.S> Besides with all of this time on my hands, I have more time to bug you... :)

Kat
    edited July 15, 2009
    Kat use purple light and even it is out of focus no matter the subject, it could be Purple Haze by Jimmy Hendricks ...... :ivar:ivar:ivarproblem solved
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    edited July 15, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:
    Kat use purple light and even it is out of focus no matter the subject, it could be Purple Haze by Jimmy Hendricks ...... :ivar:ivar:ivarproblem solved

You make me laugh Chris; and you gave my husband a good laugh too, he knows I can't stand Hendrix. He used to play it all the time when we met, especially when he wanted revenge lol mwink.gifD

I had thought of Misty Mountain Hop :D... I have some Floyd in mind right now too. However, My original idea is way out of character for me and on the gruesome side but it sure packs a punch and if it would stop freggin raining then my prop set up just might dry out for a shoot.

Thanks for the chuckle.rolleyes1.gif

Kat
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:
    I
    Kinkajou I will put a warning next time for clowns like I promised divamum
    I would do for snakes

Ha! Thanks :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
    edited July 16, 2009
    I have a Floyd vision but I do not know if I can pull it off. I havent been stalking my feather friends lately.

Hey I can always use the wedding shots from this weekend.
    Here comes the bride......:D:D:D:D
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    edited July 16, 2009
    OR,,,,, Billy Idol - White Wedding..clap.gif

learning to fly.. that would be a cool one too... did you change your mind on the headlight one?
    edited July 17, 2009
    SOooo many to choose from, we will see what we have after I get back from Canada. The wedding is on the Central coast of CA so there are a lot of possibilities. Whole surf thing, docks, bays. waves. To many possibilities with so much time left
    Hey any word on the sick camera???

Couple different crops on the headlights
    593448021_RKUJK-L.jpg

593448113_DrxUf-L.jpg
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    edited July 17, 2009
    I am still liking the crop on #1..thumb.gif

I have a feeling you're going to bring back some awesome stuff from the wedding trip....mwink.gif.... I know you are...Heck with all of those possibilities you spoke of, your biggest problem will more than likely be narrowing it down..rolleyes1.gif.. My problem right now is the sick camera.. no word yet, I am trying not to mess with it until I can shoot for the contest, I am hoping it will hold out in manual and once that is done, it is off to the repair shop...thumb.gif, if it does not hold out, well there is always the 2.0 megapixel classic canon A40 Powershot, this little camera has been a workhorse since way back..

Have fun on your journey and can't wait to see the
    captures you bring back wings.gif

Kat
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    The crop on #1 looks good. I really like it! thumb.gif

Love all the details in #2, but they get lost in the shuffle because the headlight is screaming for attention.

I also love how the metal glistens in each shot.