Olympic Coast

dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
edited July 14, 2009 in Landscapes
For those who have already taken a look at Ron's Ruby Beach photos, you'll know that we spent the weekend touring Olympic National Park. I'll start off by posting my favorite shot from Ruby Beach.

589661232_kH5aq-XL-1.jpg

Comments

• eMOJOeMOJO Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Well you've got my vote, love the lighting and it leads perfectly to the two silhouetted islands in the centre, I just felt really drawn into the shot... well done mate thumb.gif
    If you can't see the bright side of life...
    POLISH THE DARK SIDE

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Killer shot, Danny! Perfect comp and wonderful light. Love that FG! thumb.gifclap.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Lovely colors and lighting. Looks like you guys got some awesome shots! thumb.gif

Cheers,
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    eMOJO wrote:
    Well you've got my vote, love the lighting and it leads perfectly to the two silhouetted islands in the centre, I just felt really drawn into the shot... well done mate thumb.gif

Thank you! I'm glad this composition works for you.
    edited July 13, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Killer shot, Danny! Perfect comp and wonderful light. Love that FG! thumb.gifclap.gif

Thanks! I was starting to panic because I couldn't find a spot I liked. I eventually wandered to these rocks and saw they'd make a nice foreground. I'm glad you like this.
    edited July 13, 2009
    shniks wrote:
    Lovely colors and lighting. Looks like you guys got some awesome shots! thumb.gif

Cheers,

Thanks for your comment, Nikhil. We had a great weekend out there. You'll be seeing more images pretty soon. :D
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Yep, that's what it looked like! Great comp, love those two rocks in the middle, foreground is great too, and good job spot-healing that annoying photographer out of the way. I wish it was a little bit lower tide so that I could have stood on the beach between those two rocks. Anyway, great colors, we were definitely fortunate.
    edited July 13, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Yep, that's what it looked like! Great comp, love those two rocks in the middle, foreground is great too, and good job spot-healing that annoying photographer out of the way. I wish it was a little bit lower tide so that I could have stood on the beach between those two rocks. Anyway, great colors, we were definitely fortunate.

We were pretty fortunate to get this kind of color, especially after seeing how overcast and foggy it was along the coast a few hours earlier. I'm glad I did a good job removing you from the scene. mwink.gif
    At least we each got a different take on the same beach.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    We were pretty fortunate to get this kind of color, especially after seeing how overcast and foggy it was along the coast a few hours earlier. I'm glad I did a good job removing you from the scene. mwink.gif
    At least we each got a different take on the same beach.

Bella and Edward would be proud.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Some serious colors there. What a beautiful place !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    lovely colors and great comp on this one... i love Ruby Beach. such a photogenic spot! just wish i lived closer, i'd be there a lot more often!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Bella and Edward would be proud.

rolleyes1.gif

Really nice work as usual, guys. You two are unstoppable (in a very different way than vampires)
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    Very lovely image. Love the composition and colors. Like your choice to slow the shutter speed for a dreamy look.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited July 14, 2009
    Aside from the wonderful colors, I love the way the rocks in the foreground are symmetrical with the rocks in the background. Very nice.

-joel
    edited July 14, 2009
    Some serious colors there. What a beautiful place !

Thanks, Awais. It certainly is.
    edited July 14, 2009
    squirl033 wrote:
    lovely colors and great comp on this one... i love Ruby Beach. such a photogenic spot! just wish i lived closer, i'd be there a lot more often!

It's awesome. I also wish I lived closer. This is my first time at this beach since I was nine years old!
    edited July 14, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif

Really nice work as usual, guys. You two are unstoppable (in a very different way than vampires)

Thanks for the compliment, Schmoo! I'm kind of impressed that you got the reference. Apparently Ron and I ate dinner at the same restaurant where Bella and Edward went for their first date (I wouldn't have known if there weren't signs everywhere we went that pointed out a place's significance in the movie).
    edited July 14, 2009
    Doug Solis wrote:
    Very lovely image. Love the composition and colors. Like your choice to slow the shutter speed for a dreamy look.

Thank you! It wasn't so much a choice as it was a necessity. This shot was taken about half an hour after sunset when the sky really began to glow.
    edited July 14, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Perfect and gorgeous bowdown.gifiloveyou.gifclap.gif
    Thank you, sir.
    edited July 14, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Aside from the wonderful colors, I love the way the rocks in the foreground are symmetrical with the rocks in the background. Very nice.

-joel

Thanks! For some reason it was a challenge to find a good composition despite all the beauty around.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    dseidman wrote:
    Thank you, sir.

You know you are really old when people start calling you "sir".

Call me Danny, Danny. rolleyes1.gif