Options

huey makes monitor look pink

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited August 1, 2009 in Finishing School
a few weeks ago I bought a huey monitor calibrater, my cat bit through the thin cord :huh I just replaced it and now my normal screen for everyday stuff, like this forum, looks a pale pinkish lavender to me in the light tones. I reset it and it still looks that way to me. I just have a plain Sony LCD monitor.Last one did not have this effect. What is wrong, or what should I do?
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• Options
    tijosephtijoseph Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    My sony monitor didn't work well with the huey. I no longer use it with the calibration. I now use a samsung.

I'd order some sample prints, and compare them to what you see on the monitor to know if it is right. I do know that after calibration, my samsung doesn;t look anything like it did originally, but matches printed media perfectly.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited July 14, 2009
    The Huey gets very mixed reviews.

Some folks like it, but some cannot seems to get accurate profiles with it at all.

The device most praised is an Eye1Display2, which I bought on a suggestion from Andrew Rodney. I used a SPyder2Pro successfully before that, and still do on my laptop
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    AdamLAdamL Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 27, 2009
    Just FYI - I had the same problem with one I bought (magenta cast especially in midtones). See this link to Pantone's support site. There is a tool you can download to get the serial # of the unit and send it too their support group. They will replace for free if it's a known bad one. It worked in my case anyway - the new one they sent did not have the color cast. Good luck.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2009
    AdamL wrote:
    Just FYI - I had the same problem with one I bought (magenta cast especially in midtones). See this link to Pantone's support site. There is a tool you can download to get the serial # of the unit and send it too their support group. They will replace for free if it's a known bad one. It worked in my case anyway - the new one they sent did not have the color cast. Good luck.

Thank you, I just discovered the same info, I need to get it done !!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    LeeSCLeeSC Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 1, 2009
    VayCayMom wrote:
    Thank you, I just discovered the same info, I need to get it done !!

I went through 3 defective copies (1 shipped directly from Pantone) before they finally sent me an Eye1. It works flawlessly.
  • Options
    Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    I get those pink casts with my Spyder every time it is not 100% flat on the monitor.
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston