#29 Somewhere Over The Rainbow

FioriFotoFioriFoto Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited July 14, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Comments, critiques? This was in Lake Tahoe this past weekend...amazing, just wish I was on the water's edge.

Song: Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Doris Day

Comments

• FioriFotoFioriFoto Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2009
  • FioriFotoFioriFoto Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2009
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2009
    Hey Marc..

Very nice captures... I am loving #3, there is a lot of color in that one. The others are good too, but the trees and river up front dominate the composition some, although, not as much in #2, so if you go with one of those, I would go with #2, but my fav is #3..

Kat
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    I sure like the double rainbow. #2 is a little stronger color, so I'd go with that one.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 14, 2009
  • nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    I like #1 a lot. It's a lot more appealing to me. I think #2 is a bit too dark. I would try to reduce the noise in the sky.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• billtaichibilltaichi Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    At first I thought #3 but the more I look at them I think I like #1 best. I think the color and detail in the trees looks great something about it transports me there more than the others.
    Remember wherever you go, there you are.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    Have to agree with the others about #1. The details in the trees look really good and the double rainbow was a great catch. Song title is perfect.

I would try applying an unsharp mask to the image with these settings: 20/50/0 to boost the contrast just a little. mwink.gif

:uhoh One small nit, though, and this is where the music nerd in me come out: Doris Day recorded "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" but she was not the artist who composed it. The artist who composed the melody was Harold Arlen and the gentleman who wrote the lyrics was Edgar Harburg.

OK. Music nerd goes back into hiding now. :hide rolleyes1.gif
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    I'm also a fan of #1 - I think the grey/cloudy sky is more 'authentic' - both for the circumstances of rainbows and the song... and I like the warmth in that image more than the cool blue sky.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!