Worker

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited July 14, 2009 in People
Which one is better to you?

8385.jpg

8386.jpg

Thank you in advance... I know ... you'll like the second cause of this smile-not-smile

--
Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    Actually, I like the first better. In the second, the smile is looking a little forced, not natural. There doesn't seem to be a real feeling behind that smile.

However, the first seems to be a much representation of who your model really is. I'm thinking it might be even better converted to either B&W or mono-tone (sepia) with an appropriate vignette.
  • mtmcelvymtmcelvy Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    I like the 1st one as well.. seems more in the moment and natural..great shots btw!
  • whiteaglewhiteagle Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    I like the expression in the first better for the reasons mentioned already. I like the lighting in the second better. That's some really soft light for such a weathered farmer looking man.
    My website: Fresh Edge Photo
    My latest project: Worship Backgrounds
    My twitter habit: Daniel Roberts
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    I actually prefer the second. He has a nice, warm smile, #1 looks too much like a snapshot to me. Besides, there is something in the background (2 dark spots in #1) that is distracting ...
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    Hmm... I like the second because his body is turned more toward the camera, balancing out the composition a little more than in the first where there seems to be more dead space on the left of the frame... however, in the second he seems to have a lazy eye or is just looking slightly off camera, which is a bit distracting as well... so I guess it's a tossup.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    Actually, I like the first better. In the second, the smile is looking a little forced, not natural. There doesn't seem to be a real feeling behind that smile.

+1. As we all know, Russian people don't naturally smile.

On a C&C side, I think they both are a tad flat. ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    1 is my preference...I agree two looks forced. Hes a farmer... his skin... his clothes.. the back drop... farming is not an easy life. I prefer 1 because its a truthful capture.
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar
  • kdspencerkdspencer Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    I agree, #1 is better! In the second one, he's smiling with his mouth, but it doesn't reach his eyes, so it just looks like a sad smile to me.

~Kathleen
    Kathleen
    www.kdspencer.com