Client Approval Process Help

VertigoVertigo Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited November 3, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Ok, I have uploaded a client session and I would like for her to tell me via the website wihich ones she likes and which ones she does not. I think I can do that through Thumbs, but how do I see the stats?

The other thing is PHOTO APPROVAL, is there a way for myu clients to "Aproove" or disapproove a photo through the site...just like we used to do with contacts proofs?

Any help will be appreciated.

Antonio

Comments

• TxTortoiseTxTortoise Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Vertigo wrote:
    Ok, I have uploaded a client session and I would like for her to tell me via the website wihich ones she likes and which ones she does not. I think I can do that through Thumbs, but how do I see the stats?

The other thing is PHOTO APPROVAL, is there a way for myu clients to "Aproove" or disapproove a photo through the site...just like we used to do with contacts proofs?

Any help will be appreciated.

Antonio

Antonio, assuming it's a private gallery, just turn on comments and they can leave their feedback/decision and/or you both can carry on a conversation. I've used it for proofing web design proofs that way with the developer. Thumbs is a popularity measure, so that doesn't work. I tried the same thing.
  • darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    One annoying thing about using Comments for this is that even if you have a password on the gallery (which would mean that you explicitly trust anyone who is commenting), SmugMug requires users to type an annoying "captcha" (scrambled/hard to read word) that is supposed to prevent spammers.

This is a ridiculous extra step that people have to take to add comments, and it makes no sense on password-protected galleries (or sites).
  • sunxsweetsunxsweet Registered Users Posts: 178 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    anybody have a good process in the way they do this? i just released a set of proofs for a client to look at too... i'm kind of in a rush so i'm asking them to just give me the photo numbers, but i'd like to avoid this in the future.

comments looks like a complete hokey workaround... but it is an option.

i thought smuggy was for the pros. :) somebody's got to have a solution

darryl wrote:
    One annoying thing about using Comments for this is that even if you have a password on the gallery (which would mean that you explicitly trust anyone who is commenting), SmugMug requires users to type an annoying "captcha" (scrambled/hard to read word) that is supposed to prevent spammers.

This is a ridiculous extra step that people have to take to add comments, and it makes no sense on password-protected galleries (or sites).