Reflection

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited July 15, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Took this photo when I was driving through the cemetery. Water had pooled in the older section of the cemetery. It was sad to see these underwater.

590397357_VyuST-L.jpg

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2009
    Hi Dogdots......I was in a cemetery awhile back where there was a lot of vandalism..... It is sad to see....... NICE SHOT!!! azzaro
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Dogdots......I was in a cemetery awhile back where there was a lot of vandalism..... It is sad to see....... NICE SHOT!!! azzaro

Thanks Azzaro -- I have some more posted on my site under Cemetery. It was a sad thing to see. During the flood some of this Cemetery was under water. I couldn't get in to visit my Dad for quite awhile.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Hi Mary Kim,

It's quite unusual to see a cemetery situated on such low land. That's really a depressing picture in many ways....It is very sad that you have to deal with it on a personal basis.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    That is very sad and depressing to see; is there not anything that could be done? Maybe you could show this photo around for people to be aware. As for the photo... the trees in the back is a tad dark (on my monitor)...wonder if you could lighten it to bring out the headstones?
    edited July 15, 2009
    Hi Mary Kim,

It's quite unusual to see a cemetery situated on such low land. That's really a depressing picture in many ways....It is very sad that you have to deal with it on a personal basis.

Tom

Thanks Tom for the comment. It is a sad thing to see that's for sure.
    edited July 15, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    That is very sad and depressing to see; is there not anything that could be done? Maybe you could show this photo around for people to be aware. As for the photo... the trees in the back is a tad dark (on my monitor)...wonder if you could lighten it to bring out the headstones?

Thanks Eia for your comments on this photo. Everyone knows about the water there. Just nothing can be done other then dig up the graves and raise it up. My understanding is they did this once long ago and they just sunk back down again. Just to the left in this photo maybe a 150 yds or so is the Red River. Just beyond those trees is a golf course.

I did lighten up the tree area already. Its a very dark section of the cemetery, but light just happened to be landing on the water area when I was there. I can try some more. Deers and wild Turkeys are usually in those trees.

Whats so sad too is that under the water are ground level headstones :cry