Packages/Coupons

rickdrickd Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited August 3, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I'm new to this site and read all the threads on packages and coupons. I'm actually trying to decide on choosing between EM or SM for hosting my pictures. In reading all the threads, I don't remember coming across how people deal with packages and coupons today. I am interested in hearing how you handle this today or direct me to a sticky forum or something. Thanks.

Comments

• David ManningDavid Manning Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    Right now, with SmugMug, we don't deal with them, but I've heard (for months) that they're high priority!
  • mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    Right now, with SmugMug, we don't deal with them, but I've heard (for months) that they're high priority!

Make that "for at least a year".
  • bendruckerphotobendruckerphoto Registered Users Posts: 579 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2009
    If coupons/packages are very important to you, go with EM. Otherwise, SmugMug is great.
  • WoodWood Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 1, 2009
    Photo Packages?
    I want to offer some photo packages on our SmugMug site is there a way to offer that? If so where can I look to find it? Thanks for your help.
    David WWW.DandLPhotographers.com
  • Glory2Jesus4PhotographyGlory2Jesus4Photography Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    Wood wrote:
    I want to offer some photo packages on our SmugMug site is there a way to offer that? If so where can I look to find it? Thanks for your help.
    As of last I knew SmugMug did not have packages yet ( "working on it")
    If you are in a hurry to have packages on your sit I have seen people use google checkout and or paypale and do some vary fancy code work and actually put something together. It is above my head and how much effort I wanted to put into it at the time I looked into it. If it is something you are up to start in the customizing thread and see what you can pull up on a search or two and just start asking.
    As for me I handle my clients packages personally at this time and I will just wait.
    I know my spelling and grammar are poor some times my spell check says "I got nothing
    for you" and there/ their is no grammar check yet so please forgive me Jesus did.
    My Web site:
    http://Glory2Jesus4Photography.smugmug.com/
    My blog: http://glory2jesus4photography.blogspot.com/
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2009
    Wood wrote:
    What's with the black text? I'm using the dark theme for Dgrin and can not see your post...
  • WoodWood Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 2, 2009
    Sorry, thanks for pointing that out. I typed it in word and pasted it in. I added the questions below. Thanks again.

David WWW.DandLPhotographers.com<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
  • termina3termina3 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    You'll be happier just forgetting packages exist.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=120058

They've been in "active development" for some time, with no deadline set.
    Please don't mistake my blunt, pointed posts as my being "angry," "short," or "rude."

I'm generally happy, tall, and fuzzy on the inside.www.NickensPhotography.com
  • davisphotosdavisphotos Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Agreed with the poster above....I'm sure when they finally come around, packages will be awesome, but I've been crossing my fingers for well over a year, so I'm starting to wonder what 'active, agressive development' and 'soon' actually mean-certainly something different than in my world.
  • davisphotosdavisphotos Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    I'm with the poster above. SmugMug beats out ExposureManager on everything except coupons and packages. Supposedly, SM is getting coupons and packages 'soon', as they are in 'active, aggressive development,' but they were coming soon about a year ago too, so I think SmugMug is using a different dictionary than the rest of us.