First timer...

danbrown1010danbrown1010 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited July 15, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hello all,
I posted the 'Dog and Butterfly' entry for challenge #29. I am wondering if I acted too quickly. It seems most folks are posting in the thread first to get feedback and then push out to the gallery. After reading through some of the feedback I am now wondering if I too should have taken advantage of all the great consultations that are being offered ?

Is it bad etiquette to remove and re-post? I read the sticky on the rules but since this is my first time participating I thought I would double check just to be sure.

thanks
db

Comments

• WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Go for it. People sometimes will post one entry and then change their minds later. If you do change your mind, ask the moderators to delete the original entry.

On your Dog and Butterfly entry, I thought the Butterfly was not prominent enough. Good picture of the dog and definitely on theme.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Hi Dan,

You can change your mind and enter a different photo or enter an edited version of your current entry.

You won't be able to delete an entry, but you can optionally edit the caption and put in a message to the effect of "please delete" to the moderator. If you don't (or forget), they will automatically use your most recently uploaded photo as your entry.

It's not bad etiquette at all to upload a different photo for the challenge if you change your mind. :D

What a lot of us do is optionally post some photos here in the discussion area for C&C before we upload them to the gallery. There are some that see that option as one trying to solicit votes for which photo they should enter. But I tend to see it more as asking people to "proofread". In the end it's still up to you which photo or which version to submit. :D
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Hello all,
    I posted the 'Dog and Butterfly' entry for challenge #29. I am wondering if I acted too quickly. It seems most folks are posting in the thread first to get feedback and then push out to the gallery. After reading through some of the feedback I am now wondering if I too should have taken advantage of all the great consultations that are being offered ?

Is it bad etiquette to remove and re-post? I read the sticky on the rules but since this is my first time participating I thought I would double check just to be sure.

thanks
    db

Hi Dan,

Personally, I find the boards very helpful not only for critique, but for learning and growing as well. Some people use the boards and others don't. I find that after I work on an image for so long, I begin to miss things; and people on the boards really help because they point things out that I otherwise would not have noticed.. Just don't take CC too personal; and the boards can help to push you to new heights in your shooting skills. thumb.gif

As far as the dog entry goes, You shot the dog well, however, the butterfly is not apparent to me either.

Kat