Which should I use, S, A, of M?

Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
edited July 16, 2009 in Technique
In a dark room with only soft yellow light, what setting on my camera should I use, and how do I use that setting correctly? S, A, or M?:scratch
If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson

Comments

• Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    I shoot in Aperture Priority a lot, unless the shutter speed isn't right for me.. Just set the distance, basically, and the camera does the rest.. And not to forget, WB and the ISO.
    Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
    http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    In a dark room with only soft yellow light, what setting on my camera should I use, and how do I use that setting correctly? S, A, or M?headscratch.gif

Mr Quiet, that's a question whose answer includes many different apsects of photography and even then there probably isn't a single answer. You can use any of those settings and they could all produce great results. Why don't you simply try one 1st?clap.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • DerryDerry Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    certainly a time for some peeping of various photos and then make adjustments while on location,,

as mentioned there is no magic dial in settings and why test shots are made over and over,, the luxury of digital is instant readout and we can view the histogram and dial in what we need,,

Derry