OK Mahesh, Here's Mine

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited July 16, 2009 in Landscapes
I went for a soft look on this one, and I call it "Stay On The Path"

The story here is that I went off the path and got lost for about 45 min, and since I had no water and had been hiking for about 2.5 hours, I became a bit nervous and actually ate snow to avoid dehydration.

591982462_yNHmc-L.jpg

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    This is lovely! I think the soft look works very well here! The title is perfect for your story but you will have to get the storybook theme in mind to keep up with Little Red Riding Hood over there!!!! Let's see...how about the Legend of Sleepy Hollow! mwink.gifD
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    This is lovely! I think the soft look works very well here! The title is perfect for your story but you will have to get the storybook theme in mind to keep up with Little Red Riding Hood over there!!!! Let's see...how about the Legend of Sleepy Hollow! mwink.gifD

...or Goldilocks And The Three Bears rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Eia.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    The Seven Dwarfs? :D

I can hear them now.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8AkKnLMELo

Nice shot, Dan!
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    I went for a soft look on this one, and I call it "Stay On The Path"

The story here is that I went off the path and got lost for about 45 min, and since I had no water and had been hiking for about 2.5 hours, I became a bit nervous and actually ate snow to avoid dehydration.

591982462_yNHmc-L.jpg

This is awesome, Dan! I too like the soft look very much. Maybe a bit of a stretch, but how about the Wizard of Oz...follow the brown colored trail! Hummm...I wonder which character I'd be...probably Todo. :D
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
    edited July 15, 2009
    Thanks Mahesh. "When you come to the fork in the road, take it"rolleyes1.gif
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Thanks Mahesh. "When you come to the fork in the road, take it"rolleyes1.gif

A Yogi Berra fan, I see. I knew there was something I liked about you! rolleyes1.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    The key thing to do in situations like that is PANIC BECAUSE YOU MIGHT DIE OF THIRST.

So you did the right thing lol3.gif

This is a fabulous shot, the comp is excellent with the pathway leading line and the tree to anchor the foreground. I really like the color and warmth of the path.
    edited July 16, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    The key thing to do in situations like that is PANIC BECAUSE YOU MIGHT DIE OF THIRST.

So you did the right thing lol3.gif

This is a fabulous shot, the comp is excellent with the pathway leading line and the tree to anchor the foreground. I really like the color and warmth of the path.

Thanks Ron. That means a lot to mewings.gif
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Good work here! The Orton Effect is a very appropriate choice for this kind of scene.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Nice effect Dan.

Did you just misfocus?
    Rags
    edited July 16, 2009
    torags wrote:
    Nice effect Dan.

Did you just misfocus?

No. I softened it in PP, and used a mask to keep parts of the foreground in focus. I also reduced the contrast.

Thanks Rags

Dan
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    I'm not particularly fond of the Orton effect as applied to most examples I have seen but this is certainly an exception. Nice work Dan clap.gifclap

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited July 16, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    I'm not particularly fond of the Orton effect as applied to most examples I have seen but this is certainly an exception. Nice work Dan clap.gifclap

Thanks Jackwings.gif

This is not actually the Orton effect. I simply softened it and reduced the contrast. The Orton effect, at least the one I use, really exaggerates softness and increases the contrast.
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    bowdown.gifExcellent...when an effect works...it works!thumb.gif