Foot In Hand

ZevZev Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited July 16, 2009 in People
Hi!

I'm still fairly new at photography and am always eager to find ways to improve and take better pictures.

Here's one I took about a few weeks ago of my friend's month-old infant. Please let me know what you think and what (if anything) could have been done to make this a better shot.

Thanks,

Zev

588820934_ARFCV-M.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Hi Zev and welcome to Dgrin (and photography) wave.gif

The Whipping Post is a specific forum for your career-topping work. Since you sound like you're unsure and are trying to get some general feedback, I'm moving this to People. All of our shots forums are places for all kinds of advice, but if you read the WP rules, it's a place for images that are your very best and you can't imagine how to improve.

Thanks and hope to do keep sharing shots with us. thumb.gif
  • 8zil8zil Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    the composition is very very pleasant, but there is a bit of a lack of sharpness that is bugging me, the black and white seemed like the right choice, but in all honestly is a tad bland, did you just desaturated it or grayscaled it? try fiddling around with the channel mixer in PS, then you can make the black and white look stronger.
  • pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    I always love the little feetsie pictures! In this one, there is a little white "blob" in the upper left corner that is distracting, as well as the blur in the thumb. But I'm sure the new parents will be pleased with it!
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!