Gallery was somehow changed to "Printable"

PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
edited July 15, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Ok what is going on here. I happened to be looking at my Key West due to the thumbnail size not matching the setting it was originally set at and working, to find that the printable is selected now.

This was a personal trip, and I never offer sales to any of my vacations. I know that it was set correctly due to a friend of mine mentioning she couldnt purchase any photos after I set it up.

What gives. Im not happy about finding this.
Anyone could have been purchasing these photos without my knowledge since the pricing is not set for that.

Im not very happy right now

Im off the check the rest of the galleries
Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    I have no idea how that happened, but there is one thing you can do as a precaution.

If you make sure that you have reasonable pricing set in your portfolio pricing, then it's hard for a gallery to accidentally get left with at cost pricing like in this case. This is because a gallery that does not have pricing set inherits your portfolio pricing so it becomes your default pricing. Even if you intend to set all "for sale" galleries pricing individually, it is still worthwhile setting your portfolio pricing as accident prevention. You could set portfolio pricing to some reasonable markup that you wouldn't mind getting a profit on or you could set all products to 0$ so nothing would be offered for sale unless you had manually priced that gallery which would override the default portfolio pricing.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    I've turned off printable. I do have portfolio settings. If that's the case then all is good. I didn't see portfolio pricing when I first noticed the printable setting.
    Thank you
    Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Pamela wrote:
    I've turned off printable. I do have portfolio settings. If that's the case then all is good. I didn't see portfolio pricing when I first noticed the printable setting.
    Thank you
    Just remember that if you look at the pricing in the cart when you're logged in, you will see "at cost" pricing, nor your marked up pricing so you can buy your own images without your markup or Smugmug's 15% cut. Your portfolio pricing or gallery pricing applies for your visitors or when you are logged out.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question