Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins:

591827962_hYNDT-L.jpg

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Hi Karl...

It is a gorgeous capture.. What a nice job you did on capturing that water reflection and sky.

Do you have a couple of different crops for us?

Nice capture and fits your title. Wonderful processing on that water...iloveyou.gif

Kat
  • Options
    karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    Hi Karl...

It is a gorgeous capture.. What a nice job you did on capturing that water reflection and sky.

Do you have a couple of different crops for us?

Nice capture and fits your title. Wonderful processing on that water...iloveyou.gif

Kat

There are a few more in this album:

http://karlabbott.smugmug.com/gallery/8916384_Xmu36

I got really lucky with the lighting conditions and the clouds :D
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2009
    sooo pretty!

My only question is whether it's 100% sharp - can't tell if it's simply because of the gorgeous smeary colours in the sunset that my eye is being tricked, or if there's a hint of what looks like motion blur....?
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    sooo pretty!

My only question is whether it's 100% sharp - can't tell if it's simply because of the gorgeous smeary colours in the sunset that my eye is being tricked, or if there's a hint of what looks like motion blur....?
    There is a hint of motion blur -- I was on a suspended platform attached to a pedestrian bridge and at times there was a bit of shake due to the catamarans going under the bridge. Couple that with long exposures and the results are slightly blurred (at least I think there is blur -- there are parts that are very sharp too if you look closely). I'll say it's artistic :D
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2009
    Hey Karl,

Nice set of photos....

I think you should post these two for votes too, they are visually
    stunning shots..thumb.gif

Kat

http://karlabbott.smugmug.com/gallery/8916384_Xmu36#591828114_4Moon

http://karlabbott.smugmug.com/gallery/8916384_Xmu36#591828231_5nwiY
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback Kat!

Here's #2:
    591828114_4Moon-L.jpg

and #3:

591828231_5nwiY-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2009
    karlabbott wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback Kat!

No Prob.. Karl.... Hopefully you will get a chance to help me out too once I get mine posted. I am hoping by this weekend..

Well.. seeing them all together....hmmm......headscratch.gif

I have to say I love the Farris wheel. However, I really love the city shots. They pack a visual punch and give us so much eye candy and the compositions are nice too..

I love both, but I am going to cast my personal vote for the purple one. I love the light in this one and really dig that star light upper right and the lit up bridge is wonderful... The purple is sooo moody and goes well with the night title.. Perhaps when you get some time, throw a sharp mask on it and the other one too...That is really all I can see they need..

However, nit picking,, on both, you might clone out the little pink smudge above the star on the upper right of the purple version, and on the blue version I would clone, not crop, that light on the left side out on the blue version that is coming in on the water..

Nice work.. and beautiful shots..thumb.gif

Edit: You should probably bump the contrast just a tad in both of them too, just be careful not to bump it too hard, you don't want to lose that beautiful painted look on the sky..

Kat
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    I like #2 best. Great work!