Hurricane Ridge (again!)

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited July 18, 2009 in Landscapes
Two straight weekends at Hurricane Ridge, and the sunset on this last trip was definitely the most dramatic with a rain/lightening storm passing through. Here are some of my favorites, a long with a few stinkers to make the others look good as per my new dgrin posting philosophy.

Note: I'm not sure which ones are the stinkers yet, that's where you come in :D

#1:

592599304_DFXyF-L.jpg

#2:

592601810_HX3Xt-L.jpg

#3:

592603737_ZJVzY-L.jpg

#4:

592602773_q3Txj-L.jpg

#5:

592603291_zN8AG-L.jpg

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Absolutely stunning, Ron! They are all great, but #'s 4 and 5 are in a class by themselves. They are simple, elegant, and completely original. clap.gifthumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Absolutely stunning, Ron! They are all great, but #'s 4 and 5 are in a class by themselves. They are simple, elegant, and completely original. clap.gifthumb.gif

Completely Agreeee
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    LOVE #4! clap.gif It's so simple and elegant.
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    I like them all but those last two definitely stand out to me. It's kind of funny how it is when you spend hours in one spot trying to get a good picture then you stop at a pullout on the road for five minutes and those shots end up being the best. Do you plan on posting anymore Hurricane Ridge or Obstruction Point pictures from this trip?
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Thanks for the comments everyone!

Danny: I can't tell you how often I go out to shoot X and come back with better shots of Y. I don't plan on processing any more landscapes from this trip. The sunrise shots I got weren't as good as my previous one. I still have to go through the deer shots in the morning though.
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    #3 and 4 are just outstanding Ron.
  • Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    They are all great, I like the second one best. I like the mood of the shot.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    I'm not seeing any stinkers here. I love number five it is very unique and a great compositon. Nice series.