Fav from last summer

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited July 17, 2009 in People
Here's one of my favorites from last summer.
Belagio, Italy (on Lake Como)
364374621_4MgSf-L.jpg

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Oh! I like the pic! If I were you, I woudl just desaturate the ground (looks a bit blueish) & crop more of the black thing on the top.

Nice photo thumb.gif
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Oh! I like the pic! If I were you, I woudl just desaturate the ground (looks a bit blueish) & crop more of the black thing on the top.

Nice photo thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif

I also think this would look great in high-contrast B&W. Nice photo!
    Travis
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Beautiful!
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    thoth wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

I also think this would look great in high-contrast B&W. Nice photo!

If you have any tips on how to do that I'd appreciate hearing them. I do not know how to do that type of processing.
    edited July 17, 2009
    If you have any tips on how to do that I'd appreciate hearing them. I do not know how to do that type of processing.

I'm no processing pro either. I'd recommend giving B.D.'s Trix-X technique a shot.
    Travis
  • whiteaglewhiteagle Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Good capture.

I agree with the BW conversion. I would dodge the man and burn the sunny parts a bit so he doesn't fade into the wall and they don't take over the image. Either that or bump up the exposure until the sunny parts pretty much blow out.

I do have to wonder if old Italian men on narrow streets get tired of having their picture taken. ne_nau.gif
    My website: Fresh Edge Photo
    My latest project: Worship Backgrounds
    My twitter habit: Daniel Roberts
    edited July 17, 2009
    whiteagle wrote:
    I do have to wonder if old Italian men on narrow streets get tired of having their picture taken. ne_nau.gif

:lol
    Travis
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    whiteagle wrote:
    Good capture.

I agree with the BW conversion. I would dodge the man and burn the sunny parts a bit so he doesn't fade into the wall and they don't take over the image. Either that or bump up the exposure until the sunny parts pretty much blow out.

Funny thing in this pic is that most viewers miss the 2nd man... the one the 1st is looking at and talking to...