The Dark Side

kdspencerkdspencer Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited July 17, 2009 in People
I did a Glamour Night for the females in my church youth group. The guys always get to do the fun things, so I offered my services for the girls. They had a blast and each of them walked away feeling a greater sense of self-confidence and beauty than they had at the beginning of the night. (this is one of my favorite things about photographing people - giving them a greater sense of self confidence... anyone else find that?)

Here is one of my favorite shots from the night - because of their posing and facial expressions, and because of the processing.

558584968_iprJ9-M-2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

~Kathleen
Kathleen
www.kdspencer.com

Comments

• PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Great idea & Photoclap.gif

Did you do any shots with a lighter background?

Take Care,
    Charles
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Nice photo, Kathleen. I think it's great that you've volunteered your time for these girls.

I like the shot but, I must say, the girl in white has a great pose and would make an excellent image all on her own.
    Travis
  • kdspencerkdspencer Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback and encouragement! Charles, I actually did both white background (hi-key look) and black background for our glamour night. I love white backgrounds as it gives such a clean look to an image.

Thoth, we did some shots of just the girl in white on her own. Here's an example from one of the proofs (did I mention the photo shoot was about 5 hours, and there were 6 girls who each brought 3 outfits?)

534992688_dAhFG-M.jpg

I have since learned to stretch the background out by clipping it tightly on either side of the bg rack, so it doesn't leave those unsightly lines of where the bg was folded.

Oh, and here are two examples of the white background being used:

532358725_hhvAz-M-1.jpg

534903279_knfQR-M.jpg

I can't figure out how to get the copyright watermark off my photos when I post here unless I take them off the photos in the gallery, and I don't want to do that... so, sorry for the watermark.

~Kathleen
    Kathleen
    www.kdspencer.com
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    kdspencer wrote:
    Thoth, we did some shots of just the girl in white on her own. Here's an example from one of the proofs (did I mention the photo shoot was about 5 hours, and there were 6 girls who each brought 3 outfits?

Awesome, I love it.
    Travis