Redo of Beam Me Up Scotty

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited July 17, 2009 in Landscapes
Based on Mahesh and Dan's suggestion to blend and see more of the scene; I am re posting the 'enhanced' version of the original pics found here. I don't know if it is any better but they are actually different photos and reworked with more of the foreground. Suggestions; too much the same as the original or can't tell a difference?

592864415_yfsFL-XL.jpg

592864792_FQX3N-XL.jpg

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    This reworked first image is the best one yet, I think. Great job!
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Bud1880Bud1880 Registered Users Posts: 500 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Don't really know why but I'll stick with the first picture from the original post. The darker of the 4. The more 'enchanted' even if it was loaded with spiders and ticks and....... rolleyes1.gif

Just a bit too much light in all the others IMHO.

Bud
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Bud1880 wrote:
    Don't really know why but I'll stick with the first picture from the original post. The darker of the 4. The more 'enchanted' even if it was loaded with spiders and ticks and....... rolleyes1.gif

Just a bit too much light in all the others IMHO.

Bud

Thank you for your candid reply. At least I have choices! :D Yea,...I don't like spiders and snakes...and that ain't what it takes... rolleyes1.gif
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    I think I like these ones more as well. The first one, in particular, is very nice.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited July 16, 2009
    First one's great. Excellent shot, Eia! thumb.gif
    edited July 17, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    First one's great. Excellent shot, Eia! thumb.gif

Thanks much !
  • RobbugRobbug Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    The first gives me a mood of being in a rainforest. I can hear birds. The mood is good.

The second one I hear city life in the background. Feels like a park in the middle of the city.

Just my thoughts off the cuff.

Rob
    www.refractivephotos.com

The Holy Trinity of Photography - Light, Color, and Gesture
  • J0NJ0N Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    I do like these. I prefer the new post myself.
    edited July 17, 2009
    Robbug wrote:
    The first gives me a mood of being in a rainforest. I can hear birds. The mood is good.

The second one I hear city life in the background. Feels like a park in the middle of the city.

Just my thoughts off the cuff.

Rob

That is one of the most interesting comparisons i have heard...thank you. I guess...while looking at it I can see it too!
  • aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    I really like the 1st redo in this post. It captures a nice sense of fog & mystery. However, I find myself distracted by the brightly lit thin branch close to the center horizontally and bottom 1/3'rd vertically of the pic. Looks almost like a hair on the picture. IMHO, cloning it out would help.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Very cool!

-
    Anybody can do it.
    edited July 17, 2009
    aj986s wrote:
    I really like the 1st redo in this post. It captures a nice sense of fog & mystery. However, I find myself distracted by the brightly lit thin branch close to the center horizontally and bottom 1/3'rd vertically of the pic. Looks almost like a hair on the picture. IMHO, cloning it out would help.

I debated if that should remain or be taken out. I thought I ought to leave it to show the kinds of things in the trees. Hmmmm... food for thought....thanks much and glad you mentioned it!!!!!