DSS #29 first verse

BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
edited July 18, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
(edit) oh well, back to the record collection for some inspiration...

but here's my original image post, since I can't delete the thread!

End of a Rope
593270980_aCLA7-L.jpg

End of a Rope - Beaver

try catching the wind in the end of a rope
try catching those spells being whispered

ropes are tied
from the lines you can hear words slipping
so bright
you'll hear the end of a line

sun low on the water
sun low on the water these grains of sand
glow low on the water
glow low on the water they slip from my hand

ropes are tied
from the lines you can hear words slipping
so bright
you'll hear the end of a line
Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited July 18, 2009
    what an interesting perspective! Is there a way of shortening your rope some to get the end in more focus??
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    Definitely a unique perspective. I like it!

But I'm not sure I care for the motion blur in such a tight crop. If it's possible, it would be nice to have the end of the rope more in focus, like Joyce suggested, or take the shot at a wider angle. I'm guessing that this is not an easy shot to pull off because you were probably lying on your back when you shot this. ne_nau.gif
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Definitely a unique perspective. I like it!

But I'm not sure I care for the motion blur in such a tight crop. If it's possible, it would be nice to have the end of the rope more in focus, like Joyce suggested, or take the shot at a wider angle. I'm guessing that this is not an easy shot to pull off because you were probably lying on your back when you shot this. ne_nau.gif

You're right, I was on my back and since the end was too close to focus I picked a spot in the middle, adding some motion to try and fit the idea of "wind in the end of a rop." But even after adding some lame smokey motion blur in PS I'm really not happy with it. Have some ideas for a couple different songs I plan to try this weekend. Thanks for your comments - hope to have something better on the next attempt!
    Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!