Words of Success

sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
edited July 19, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
Seems like I mostly turn to D-Grin when I have a problem, so I thought I'd take a minute and report that everything is working great.

I recently purchased the Dell Studio XPS and the Ultra-sharp 2209w monitor.

While I was initially skeptical about Vista, so far, with the exception of Eudora not running properly, Vista is running smooth as butter (well, I try to keep my butter away from my computer). I reluctantly switched to Outlook, but find this to be a superior mail program - I can even write in Hebrew :-).

After spending several days agonizing over calibrating my monitor, once I got hooked up with the proper software, Spyder3Elite, everything is going extremely well.

Because I also needed an office copier/scanner/printer, I bought the HP C8180 - not top of the line, but fits my needs and is a great little printer - I actually couldn't be happier. For the first time in my digital life, my prints match my screen.

After several years' worth of making do with tools that I could only afford, I am thrilled to finally be working with proper equipment - and what a difference it makes. Joy has returned to my photography.

My advice to anyone considering upgrading or adding to your arsenal: don't skimp. Get what you want and need to get the job done. The amount of stress involved working with equipment that you settle for just ain't worth it. It is such a pleasure working with machines and programs that actually work and look good.

And, funny thing is, I kind of put myself out on the ledge in purchasing my new tools - but it must be true, "if you build it , they will come," because I've got more photo work this summer than I have ever had - and the tools to handle it all.

Thanks for listening. :lust

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited July 19, 2009
    Sara, thanks for sharing your story and advice. thumb.gif Glad the new changes are working out for you.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky