Yosemite in June

sidepocketsidepocket Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited January 4, 2012 in Landscapes
Yosemite always makes me feel like a little kid again. I love that place :barb Anyways, all these shots were taken with a Canon 50D and either a Tokina 12-24 or Sigma 18-200 OS

More at http://www.steveGphotography.com

From Glacier Point (It's a classic, I know, but I still get a kick out of it :lust )
589512096_nUiGW-L.jpg

From the top of Sentinal Dome (stitched):
589510695_g5Xri-XL-2.jpg

Bridalveil Falls:
589498517_83759-L.jpg

Classic Valley View:
589517600_ECJzg-L-1.jpg

Taft Point (stitched):
589516424_jaGqF-XL-1.jpg

Hope you like'em :D More shots and full EXIF at http://www.steveGphotography.com

Comments

• Edward in TorontoEdward in Toronto Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Yes I do like them, you have a creative eye, and it makes your photos interesting. You also have great contrast and color in them.
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Beautiful shots of a great place! #4 has a little too much of a cyan color cast, I think. The shots are otherwise flawless! :Dthumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • sidepocketsidepocket Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Beautiful shots of a great place! #4 has a little too much of a cyan color cast, I think. The shots are otherwise flawless! :Dthumb.gif

Thanks! I know #4 has cyan cast, but for some reason I really love cold tones in some images, so I accentuate them. Maybe I went a bit too far, or maybe I didn't go far enough ;)
    edited July 17, 2009
    Yes I do like them, you have a creative eye, and it makes your photos interesting. You also have great contrast and color in them.

Thanks Edward! I really appreciate it!
  • boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    Love the Taft Point shot! The hikers on the point give the shot a great sense of scale!
    edited July 18, 2009
    boblu262 wrote:
    Love the Taft Point shot! The hikers on the point give the shot a great sense of scale!
    Trust me, I was standing there on the edge at one point and there is no confusing the sheer size of the place. Scary :uhoh
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    Love the contrast in the first and the sheer immensity that is conveyed in the Taft Point shot.
    edited July 19, 2009
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    Love the contrast in the first and the sheer immensity that is conveyed in the Taft Point shot.

Thanks hawkeye. You'd think it'd be easier to convey immensity in Yosemite, but sometimes it's tough. Having people in the shot certainly helps perspective.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    The Taft Point shot is fantastic. Having the hikers in the shot is a great bonus and they really give you a good idea of the scale of those peaks.
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2009
    I like the unusual angle on Bridal Veil...well done.
    edited July 20, 2009
    Thwack wrote:
    I like the unusual angle on Bridal Veil...well done.

Thanks, Thwack. That was the one shot I wasn't too sure about. In my opinion, it's really hard to take interesting pictures of waterfalls. I guess it worked out :D
  • JTSkippyJTSkippy Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited January 4, 2012
    Love the shot of Taft Point. Managed to make it there the first week of June last year, and there was still so much snow that you couldn't tell where the Fissures began. We had to loop way around to the left to avoid any cracks, and couldn't get to a vantage point like this. All very nice shots, thanks for posting.