My first ever..

narancsnarancs Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited July 17, 2009 in People
Hi!
Yup, this is my first ever post on d-grin and my very first silhoutte photo.
I attend a photography school, that is where I met her on a field work.
I asked her to pose for me on a concrete block and that is a the result:..
DSC_2687small.jpg

We were shooting Hungary's National Theater, but somehow I'm not interested in static things... like buildings... Anyways if I find good pictures of it I'll show them..

C&Cs are welcomed!

Thanks for looking
Peter
Peter G.

I'm using a Nikon D40 with the kit lens.. :rolleyes

Comments

• TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Welcome to dgrin! This is a very nice silohuette and I love the pov. Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future.
  • narancsnarancs Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Thanks Travis!
    Peter G.

• JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    I really like this image. Great silhouette. Of course your subject is going to be a hit with this forum!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
    edited July 17, 2009
    btw. how do you guys like my cloning/healing brush job?
    Untitled-1.jpg
    Peter G.

• D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    narancs wrote:
    btw. how do you guys like my cloning/healing brush job?

Wouldn't have known.... Fine work IMO and love the theme of the image. The clouds/sky leave me the impression of tomorrow not being a nice day (pink sky at night,,, Sailors delight) - I'd try colour casting them clouds but that's more of a personal taste than being a nit. thumb.gif
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    I like the photo really well, but wish there was more grounding for her feet. Like perhaps leave a little of the square block she is standing on. Otherwise it looks like she is standing on the frame. But that might be what you are going for.

Welcome! You'll find the people around here to be very helpful! (And enjoy that photography school- I am so jealous!)
    edited July 17, 2009
    D'Buggs wrote:
    Wouldn't have known.... Fine work IMO and love the theme of the image. The clouds/sky leave me the impression of tomorrow not being a nice day (pink sky at night,,, Sailors delight) - I'd try colour casting them clouds but that's more of a personal taste than being a nit. thumb.gif

tried to give more colour but honestly, I didn't like it. And yes, the next day was a bit rainy..
    Peter G.

edited July 17, 2009
    I like the photo really well, but wish there was more grounding for her feet. Like perhaps leave a little of the square block she is standing on. Otherwise it looks like she is standing on the frame. But that might be what you are going for.

Welcome! You'll find the people around here to be very helpful! (And enjoy that photography school- I am so jealous!)

You're right about he grounding. But it was a PITA to clone out the background. So I got lazy and cropped it rolleyes1.gif
    Peter G.