Options

online photography classes

Hermouse1Hermouse1 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited August 3, 2009 in Finishing School
Does anyone have any recommendations for online, interactive photography courses? If so, please provide link and also what you do/do not like about the program. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    check out some of the replies in this topic:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=33518
    thumb.gif
    //Leah
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2009
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    dcabarledcabarle Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    I actually paid for the online training (Kelby). My opinion is that it's more of a "Check out what we can do with all of our super expensive equipment". They go out and put on these demonstrations with stuff that you may or may never use. It's not geared for ameratures looking to better themselves although I will say you will acquire some new ideas. Don't expect to learn how to use your camera, it's not that type of classes. I know how to use my camera (slightly) and thought that by taking these classes I'd pick up a few tips. Hasn't happened yet.

This is just my opinion. For me, the classes are more like seminars. Do you have 6 Nikon SB900's? I'm guessing not but the people running these seminars do. They are just unrealistic situations for someone like me. Now if you're looking to get your next photoshoot on the cover of Wedding Magazine or SPorts Illustrated... This is perfect for you.

Check out Youtube, check out forums like this one, Fred Miranda, Nikon Cafe, DP Review, etc... You'll find plenty of people who will be more than willing to help you out FOR FREE!

I think many of the pros don't mind helping others out because it benefits them... How? Well, picture this... You just went out and purchased yourself a new camera and a decent lens... Let's say a 4.5 - 5.6. You go to a wedding on a bright sunny day and get lucky with a handful of your shots. Now you're a professional wedding photographer! You go posting ads on Craigslist (like this guys crap: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/pho/1280075004.html) and undercut the real pros. In the meantime, you give real photographers a bad name and you rip your clients off with the crap this guy is trying to sell.

Ok... as you can see, I like to hear myself talk so I'll stop now. :)
    Hermouse1 wrote:
    Does anyone have any recommendations for online, interactive photography courses? If so, please provide link and also what you do/do not like about the program. Thank you.
    Nikon D300/D700
    Nikon 80 - 200 2.8 | Nikon 60mm 2.8 | Nikon 85mm 1.8 | Tokina 11-16 2.8 | Nikon 24-70 2.8 | Nikon 70 - 180 4.5-5.6/macro (wish you had one, don't you! :))
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Hermouse1 wrote:
    Hi.. I really like www.vtc.com - for photoshop, and loads of other courses. I'ts 30 a month and you can do a month at a time. I ended up buying one of the courses but I got it from Amazon for much less once I decided it was something I needed to keep and refer to.

The first few lessons are free so you can get an idea if it's what you want.
    I love it. Check it out.

Lynn
    (ps - I'm not affiliated to it in any way :D )