Options

Last Soccer Pics of Season

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited June 22, 2005 in Sports
Its been a blast this season taking pics of my sons soccer team. I can see my improvement not only in getting a proper exposure but also better compositions... The officals now let me stand behind the goals and goal line to get better pics. Ive been mostly using the "sports mode" and Not forgetting the basics - steady shutter releases, watching where the sun is, etc.... i like that the parents now acknowledge me as the "team photographer". I do it for free for it involves me much more into this sport than i otherwise would have been involved.....
I think one more year of practice and Ill finally get there ( the kind of pics im after ) ....

troy
25767221-M.jpg
25767195-M.jpg
25767191-M.jpg

25767170-M.jpg

25767175-M.jpg
25756327-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2005
    Hey Troy,
    as a fellow 'youth sports action photographer' I wanted to stop by and compliment your work this season, and especially the pics posted above. Your composition, exposure, timing, and the post processing on these is about the best it gets (and trust me, I follow a lot of photogs who shoot this type of stuff).

Your post work really caught my eye, as that is my greatest weakness! The clarity, sharpness, and *punch* on these is great man-my hat's off to you thumb.gif

Keep up the good work, and may you have continued success in the fall!

Mongrel
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited June 22, 2005
    Troy,
    Another year under your belt will help, but IMHO, you're already there.thumb.gifthumb

Most of these shots are really good (action, faces, color sharpness, contrast, etc...). The ones that aren't really good have busy backgrounds ne_nau.gif

The team is fortunate to have you as their "Team Photographer" :):

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2005
    Love the Faces
    windoze wrote:
    Its been a blast this season taking pics of my sons soccer team. I can see my improvement not only in getting a proper exposure but also better compositions... The officals now let me stand behind the goals and goal line to get better pics. Ive been mostly using the "sports mode" and Not forgetting the basics - steady shutter releases, watching where the sun is, etc.... i like that the parents now acknowledge me as the "team photographer". I do it for free for it involves me much more into this sport than i otherwise would have been involved.....
    I think one more year of practice and Ill finally get there ( the kind of pics im after ) .... troy
    Nice series Troy........ I love the way you capture the expressions of the kids faces as they put their all into the game.....also the frozen action with the ball and the kids eye to ball contact.....shows they are really interested in what they are doing......your very good at this type of work Troy, I'm yet to attempt this type of Sporting Event.....thanks for sharing.
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin